spriteracer
spriteracer Reader
2/29/12 8:48 p.m.

Not mine, no affiliation, have too many projects, etc., etc.... New Orleans area

Link to nostreetracing.org

FS: 95 M3 roller

Make: BMW Model: M3 Vin: WBSBF9320SEH07576 Contact: Boosted240sx@bellsouth.net Price: 1300 OBO Realized i was trying to sell the wrong e36, keeping my red 325 and going to sell my 5spd 95 dakar m3 roller. Looking to get 1300 obo. Needs motor, trans and fuel pump to be back in running condition, everything else is there. Interior is black with vaders, leather is rough and headliner is sagging a bit. Alpine head unit and stock sound system. Body wise the paint was gone when i got it a year and a half ago, the carbon hood is gone(replaced with a hellrot), back bumper is unpainted, have new motorsport moldings still in the box and the front bumper is gone. If you arent worried about it being an authentic m3 I have a 2.8 m52 that could go with it. It comes with 5 ds1 wheels with 4 tires that should be replaced fairly soon. I also have a set of breyton inspirations 17x8.5 no tires 3 painted black one silver I will sell separately once the shell is sold for $550. You can contact via post pm or Email Boosted240sx@bellsouth.net will get current pictures but heres a few from when i picked it up.

JFX001
JFX001 SuperDork
2/29/12 11:58 p.m.

Hmmm...not bad...5.0...T-5....

Actually, I'm liking that black wagon in the first pic better.

patgizz
patgizz SuperDork
3/1/12 8:22 a.m.

is an engineless car with bad interior, no m3 front bumper, and needing a paint job worth $1300?

looks like about $400 to me, anything that made it special is gone.

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler Reader
3/1/12 9:12 a.m.

Eh, it still has the LSD rear end, the bigger brakes, the suspension is presumably complete. I don't know that I'd give $1300 for it, but that's not too far off. Add LS1, strip the interior and cage it, and you have a fun track monster.

xflowgolf
xflowgolf New Reader
3/1/12 10:14 a.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: Eh, it still has the LSD rear end, the bigger brakes, the suspension is presumably complete. I don't know that I'd give $1300 for it, but that's not too far off. Add LS1, strip the interior and cage it, and you have a fun track monster.

exactly what I was thinking

dyintorace
dyintorace SuperDork
3/1/12 11:06 a.m.

How cheaply could you install an LS1? Not from the perspective of the cost of the motor/transmission, but considering all of the plumbing, mounts, etc.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
3/1/12 11:57 a.m.
dyintorace wrote: How cheaply could you install an LS1? Not from the perspective of the cost of the motor/transmission, but considering all of the plumbing, mounts, etc.

Motivated, and with a welder I know of at least three people that could do it in a weekend for $500.00 not including the car, engine or transmission.

I watched Kevin install a 5.7L in an empty Fairmont, build all the mounts, install a pair of long tube headers, run plastic fuel lines from the OE tank forward, install a HP pump in the tank, cut and weld the driveshaft (not balanced but it was on to the trailer functional) plumb the cooling and make the car "run" for less than $1200 complete and in about 16 hours. The donor $1000.00 Camaro supplied all of the fun bits, he sold the Camaro for $250.00 scrap then bought the plastic fuel lines from NAPA. The car still runs like a champ.

The exhaust was the hard part for him. He wanted it to look OE.

spriteracer
spriteracer Reader
3/1/12 1:01 p.m.

You people are talking me into this car now. Who wants a bridgeported 13b widebody first gen rx7??? My wife will kill me if I don't abide by the one in=one out rule.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac SuperDork
3/1/12 1:02 p.m.
spriteracer wrote: You people are talking me into this car now. Who wants a bridgeported 13b widebody first gen rx7??? My wife will kill me if I don't abide by the one in=one out rule.

I do, but there's no way i could afford it.

spriteracer
spriteracer Reader
3/1/12 1:15 p.m.

It's challenged priced but needs finishing as well as new oil control rings in the engine.

dyintorace
dyintorace SuperDork
3/1/12 2:27 p.m.
John Brown wrote:
dyintorace wrote: How cheaply could you install an LS1? Not from the perspective of the cost of the motor/transmission, but considering all of the plumbing, mounts, etc.
Motivated, and with a welder I know of at least three people that could do it in a weekend for $500.00 not including the car, engine or transmission. I watched Kevin install a 5.7L in an empty Fairmont, build all the mounts, install a pair of long tube headers, run plastic fuel lines from the OE tank forward, install a HP pump in the tank, cut and weld the driveshaft (not balanced but it was on to the trailer functional) plumb the cooling and make the car "run" for less than $1200 complete and in about 16 hours. The donor $1000.00 Camaro supplied all of the fun bits, he sold the Camaro for $250.00 scrap then bought the plastic fuel lines from NAPA. The car still runs like a champ. The exhaust was the hard part for him. He wanted it to look OE.

Damn! That's quick and not much $$$

Knurled
Knurled Dork
3/1/12 4:49 p.m.
patgizz wrote: is an engineless car with bad interior, no m3 front bumper, and needing a paint job worth $1300?

Is it rust free? If so then yes.

corytate
corytate Dork
3/1/12 5:54 p.m.
spriteracer wrote: It's challenged priced but needs finishing as well as new oil control rings in the engine.

straight trade for a roller 280z + alot of parts?

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
a52jwP7ZmdQSPI1Rmic6jX0DHxqkWiRKdJFougrZ4YqpCo4DkXiwBdF2yVM4N3Ia