1 2 3
Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/29/12 9:31 p.m.

Its time for me to part with this truck. I love it, but I am going overseas and have to get rid of it pretty quick. It is a 97 F350 7.3L Crew Cab as stated in the title. I have used this truck to tow my track car(by tow dolly) to tracks in the Southeast for about a year now. I just do not want this truck to sit for a year or more before I come back, so maybe one of you guys could use it. That and I hate craigslist.

The stats on the truck:

365K miles * 7.3L Turbo DI * E4OD trans * 8 ft bed * AC works great * Have a brake controller and wiring, just not installed * New steering linkage except pitman arm * New I-beam bushings and radial bushings * New front tires * everything works(except cruise control) * Block heater * Dual 19 gallon tanks both work * Has camper top and bed liner

The things that need addressing(rather minor, but should know):

It does leak oil, about a quart every 1200 miles give or take a 100 miles * The trans has a little bit of a hard shift from 1st to 2nd but no slips * The trans needs a new o-ring on the dipstick tube * Needs the ball joints replaced(I have the lower joints, just not installed) * Contribution test of the injectors says #8 is below the rest * A little hard to start because of the injectors, but runs great when warm and has never not started(could even be the glow plug relay needs replaced) * The rear tires are going to need to be replaced within 5-7K * The exterior isnt pretty, neither is the interior * The driver seat has a little rocking chair feel to it because the driver's left seat bracket is broken

I bought the truck for $2900 a year ago and put maybe 5K miles on it. Bought the camper top for $100, about $400 worth of steering parts, $300 worth of tires. I would not hesitate to hop in this thing(when its warmed up) and drive it across the country except I don't have that kinda money.

Anywho, let the bidding down start at $2012. This is a time sensitive issue

Phone number - 404 four five four 4310 call(or text anytime) Email - jrobertson@southerncrosscorp.com

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
3/29/12 10:08 p.m.

you've got an email......I need this like a hole in the head, location?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/29/12 10:22 p.m.

In reply to Spinout007:

Sorry, Marietta, Georgia(Atlanta)

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/29/12 10:26 p.m.

No pikturs.

I hate you. Or I would have gotten this yesterday.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/29/12 10:43 p.m.

Are the pics not working? I can see them. Let me know if something is wrong on my end.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/29/12 10:47 p.m.

If I try to open them in a new tab, I need a username and password....

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/29/12 10:51 p.m.

Damn, I will fix it.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/29/12 11:04 p.m.

Okay, I think I am done having these picture links kick my ass.

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/29/12 11:33 p.m.

Pictures work now.

mw
mw HalfDork
3/30/12 5:44 a.m.

Does it need to be gone right away or just paid for right away? Could it sit until June if paid for?

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/30/12 8:18 a.m.

In reply to mw:

Unfortunately, I will not have anywhere to keep it. All I will have here in the states is a storage unit.

stumpmj
stumpmj Dork
3/30/12 8:21 a.m.

That's a smoking deal. I'd buy the thing if it wasn't a 25 hours drive away and I've already got a 3/4 ton diesel in the driveway.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
3/30/12 10:02 a.m.

I can vouch for this truck. It's a HOSS!! Whoever buys it is getting an awesome deal on it! We went thru the truck while it was over at Chris Smith Racing. It's in real good shape

DoctorBlade
DoctorBlade Dork
3/30/12 2:08 p.m.

I like.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/30/12 3:10 p.m.

Yep, I like it too but I will be able to get another truck when I come back.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill SuperDork
3/30/12 3:14 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to mw: Unfortunately, I will not have anywhere to keep it. All I will have here in the states is a storage unit.

There are storage unit places that will allow one to park a vehciel. Of course it cost.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/30/12 3:29 p.m.

In reply to spitfirebill:

Yeah, but its not worth it for a $2000-$3000 truck. That and I would hate to try to start it after a year or more. And, I will be able to get a newer truck when I come back.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer PowerDork
3/30/12 3:53 p.m.

I would offer to watch it while you were gone, but Im up in Ohio. I think Froggy will watch it for you

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/30/12 4:13 p.m.
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to spitfirebill: Yeah, but its not worth it for a $2000-$3000 truck. That and I would hate to try to start it after a year or more. And, I will be able to get a newer truck when I come back.

Mine started up fine after sitting a few years without moving. Just needed to put a new IDM on it.

I wish my tax refund would arrive....

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
3/31/12 7:52 a.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
Anti-stance wrote: In reply to spitfirebill: Yeah, but its not worth it for a $2000-$3000 truck. That and I would hate to try to start it after a year or more. And, I will be able to get a newer truck when I come back.
Mine started up fine after sitting a few years without moving. Just needed to put a new IDM on it. I wish my tax refund would arrive....

Check your UVCWH (Under valve cover wiring harness) first; these are problematic and will give you the same codes.

-Les

Ranger50
Ranger50 SuperDork
3/31/12 8:27 a.m.

In reply to fastasleep:

IDM was full of H2O. It was easily double it's weight, plus it sloshed when shook.

docwyte
docwyte Reader
3/31/12 4:27 p.m.

Wish you weren't all the way across the country from me...

corytate
corytate Dork
3/31/12 6:05 p.m.

well damnit, I really hate my job right now.
If I was making what I was supposed to be making I would scoop this up asap, it is literally EXACTLY what I want, except it is not orange. but that could be fixed.

Anti-stance
Anti-stance Reader
3/31/12 7:20 p.m.

yeah, it could use some orange paint.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg PowerDork
3/31/12 7:38 p.m.

Message sent Jason

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
BVzLMP8C5sSvyvKGADWl8K5hfJvPlcdwuBidMJTAkD3IeBiwnatkyQ92gTYKC1sL