2 3 4
Crazier
Crazier Reader
1/3/21 12:14 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter)

I tried that route first.

there is simply no way to find 3 open box but unused msmx3 sales.

there is also no way to find 3 open box but unused 3800 aftermarker stand alone harnesses.

I would have to find six unicorns.

But they are both still available brand new. And so using the brand new prices seemed reasonable.

I have no reason to believe that one open box but unused part would have a vastly greater depreciation than another unused open box part.

i still don't understand why that is not a reasonable way to arrive at a FMV comparison.

in another part of the rules it says you can arrive at FMV by "corporate listings" to prorate a parts lot.

But that may be another part of the rules I did not understand

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
1/3/21 12:27 p.m.

In reply to Crazier :

I'm not jumping on you. I'm trying to understand, and to help.  No need to get defensive- just bring a bit of patience. 

Even the transmission bolt-up issue is still an upgrade. It didn't come from the factory that way, right?  Your desire to swap in a different transmission is an upgrade (whether it's better or not remains to be seen).

Just wait a little bit. Tom is usually pretty clear (and reasonably prompt). Adding more and more explanation is only confusing the issue more. 

Crazier
Crazier Reader
1/3/21 2:08 p.m.

In reply to SVreX (Forum Supporter) :

Tom already ruled.

The trade is legal if the FMV line up

But that I could not use the new prices because the boxes are open.

Its fair. But leaves me struggling to find new but open box examples of the items in question.

Or finding another Avenue.

2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
9Pj8v8hxEUULdXiClDMOrhZFvk7cpXTHNxsaZG17qAnq24L9iBTKKPY55yqfDezm