Mindtoggle
Mindtoggle
7/10/12 7:46 p.m.

I released a simple little autocross app two weeks ago. It lets you calculate PAX, draw a course map, review rules and classifications, calculate MPH for a run a few other tools. It's a $1.50 for Android devices on Amazon and Google play. Still waiting for approval from Apple for iPhone/iPad. It's SCCA focused.

Anyone interested in trying it and providing feedback?

Here are the links: http://www.amazon.com/Mindtoggle-Software-Autocross-Advantage/dp/B008F08FZ4

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.mindtoggle.AutoCross&hl=en

patgizz
patgizz UltraDork
7/10/12 7:51 p.m.

canoe?

Mindtoggle
Mindtoggle New Reader
7/10/12 8:05 p.m.

In reply to patgizz:

Canoe? Paddle boat?

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/10/12 8:13 p.m.

he means that this resembles spam. That's a code word to attract moderators to threads that need examination

Mindtoggle
Mindtoggle New Reader
7/10/12 9:08 p.m.

Oh, sorry, didn't realize. I'm happy to move it somewhere else. I can't really afford advertising, this is just a little project, so I thought this would be a good place for it. I'm interested in making the app better and in adding things people might want. The folks who downloaed it so far, haven't left comments.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/10/12 9:14 p.m.

Start a discussion in the grm forum asking for ideas and feedback. Maybe get it into the hands of a few people that are avid autocrossers.

Just an idea.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
7/10/12 9:15 p.m.

Maybe "sponsor" the magazine, might be a few people that can use it around that office.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
7/10/12 9:22 p.m.

To the OP: you've got a PM

N Sperlo
N Sperlo PowerDork
7/11/12 9:11 a.m.

If its feedback you want, best make it free until beta testing is done. The autocross guys will tell you what's up.

alfadriver
alfadriver PowerDork
7/11/12 11:21 a.m.
patgizz wrote: canoe?

at least he's trying to sell something in the classifieds area....

Matt B
Matt B Dork
7/11/12 11:34 a.m.

Yeah, personally I'd give this guy a pass on the canoe designation. That said, I think some of the ideas on this thread would be a better strategy.

To the OP - I like the idea and good luck!

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/11/12 12:51 p.m.
Mindtoggle wrote: Oh, sorry, didn't realize. I'm happy to move it somewhere else. I can't really afford advertising, this is just a little project, so I thought this would be a good place for it. I'm interested in making the app better and in adding things people might want. The folks who downloaed it so far, haven't left comments.

Just so you know, advertising in GRM / CMS starts as low as $48 per issue. This is something you may want to consider as you'd reach thousands of enthusiasts, and also have full access to our "swag bag" forum to promote this app and any future updates.

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/advertiser-playground/

We don't allow blatant advertising on our main forums. (canoes) Your post seems to be more of a "test", and it is your first post, so -----welcome! and good luck!

Feel free to PM me for more info

Joe

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
VXYmssoLtmL1xd6fPuQTxgFbc4Y5qul0nusEgmHl6SKKzCLeSxy6o6AkgkINiBFs