temick
temick New Reader
6/3/21 6:44 p.m.

I get a 20% to 30% discount from working at Autozone. How does something like that play out? Still cheaper at rock auto by the way.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/3/21 6:47 p.m.

Inside deal as not freely available to everyone.  Best to budget at full price.

Edit - Just noticed that you're not far from us.  Welcome to the NFL Challenge builders.

temick
temick New Reader
6/3/21 7:19 p.m.

Kind of what I thought.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
6/4/21 6:54 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

smiley......so what about my local parts store giving me seniors' discounts? They're not available to all the general riff-raff.

Edit: The last time I went in and bought parts for my Miata he asked if it was "for the budget build" and I think he'd give me a discount for parts for the Challenge car. Haven't tested that yet because I'm trying not to buy any new parts for it, aside from brake components eventually, and they're budget exempt anyway.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) PowerDork
6/4/21 6:59 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

Hey, I qualify for that, and if I'm not considered "general riffraff," I'm going to have my feelings hurt. wink

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
6/4/21 8:28 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

You could argue that senior discount is freely available to everyone.  They just have to wait until that point in their life.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
6/4/21 8:34 a.m.

Sorry, but you'll need to add those parts at fair market value, which would be the undiscounted price. Of course, you could use a normal 20% coupon or similar if you can find one, as those are freely available to everybody.

wrenchedexcess (Forum Supporter)
wrenchedexcess (Forum Supporter) Reader
8/10/21 9:06 p.m.

Research,research,research. The deals are out there you just have to find them. Example: Wife's 2009 Jeep Patriot, brought in to dealer for 10 year  inspection of limited lifetime 'warranty' and to have the front crossmember  checked for rust. (Voluntary recall) . I was told that the so called warranty ran out two months earlier but for $2300 they would replace it. Sure about as much as I like having a root canal done.  Searching the usual suspects, Autozone, O' Rileys, Rock Auto, Amazon, ebay, NAPA and Mopar. I got prices any where from  $780 NAPA to $178 from an outfit called Detroit Steel on ebay.  All told for $300. I replaced the crossmember, lower control arms with ball joints, front struts and a complete brake job. So instead of Just Empty Every Pocket, I ended up with a great deal.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
tf1jfmNGF673rm24fAxiV53dzbhJHA5pyVcflO7Kb8udCIkfD66aboLn4VQOPSm6