Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
4/11/12 5:45 p.m.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/cto/2950360194.html

$500 Capri (with 4-eye Mustang nose and tail) and it already sports a 2.3T/T5 swap.

ransom
ransom Dork
4/11/12 5:51 p.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Ow ow ow...

I can't. I won't. I'd rather have a V8. I need a van. The Portland swap meet starts tomorrow and I can't blow my random car stuff fund on this.

But I encourage the posting of random awesome CL finds from this part of the world!

It's a good thing the filth streaks make it look a bit more like depression on wheels than it otherwise would... Helps with the staying away.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi HalfDork
4/11/12 8:43 p.m.

Eerie looking, sad also.

Donebrokeit
Donebrokeit Reader
4/11/12 8:48 p.m.

I would be on that thing in a hear beat if it was not 3K+ miles away

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/11/12 9:36 p.m.

I'd rather have it as a Capri...and without those awful rubber cast steel wheels.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
4/11/12 9:44 p.m.

my 86 lx had those exact crappy wheels

jimbob_racing
jimbob_racing Dork
4/11/12 9:44 p.m.
Maroon92 wrote: I'd rather have it as a Capri...and without those awful rubber cast steel wheels.

'83 was the first year for the bubble back hatch. I always thought that they were better looking than the Mustang. One was also my first car.

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
4/12/12 5:49 a.m.
Grtechguy wrote: my 86 lx had those exact crappy wheels

Good lord...My 93 LX convertible had those exact crappy wheels.

RossD
RossD UltraDork
4/12/12 7:55 a.m.

I had those wheels on my '77 Capri too!

Anyone willing to buy this, fix it, and drive it to Wisconsin for a case of beer plus the asking price?

914Driver
914Driver MegaDork
4/12/12 9:25 a.m.

Nice car! My friend had one and the rubber hose that drains the sunroof ditch disconnected sometime around 1989. The A pillar acted as drainage. Got crunchy, then unsafe.

Poke around or press here and there before buying.

Dan

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
4/12/12 11:14 a.m.

For some confounded reason I have a serious itch for a Capri (even though I've had dozens of fox chassis cars) so I can drop in a 5.0/T5 and then do a wicked suspension setup on it. This isn't really what I need (no Capri nose, tail, or hatch, has a hole in the roof), but damned if I don't want it anyway!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
kFx6T3vVCdiKSjXJYK0fk0tVdeYrOzediNoKoITTtXZHgkCjSROp2MPshmSnbLiy