tr8todd
tr8todd Dork
7/14/19 8:05 a.m.

I have a 72? MGB project.  Former showroom stock race car, turned modified autocrosser, used to pay off a bar tab, sat in a field for 15 years, rescued by me around 1997.  Thats its history in a nutshell.  When I got it, I seam welded in new floors and rockers.  Then I cut away the hacked up flared fenders and made new heavy duty fiberglass flares bonded to the rear.  Flared a set of fiberglass front fenders and also picked up a set of MGB EP flared race fenders.  Has an aluminum hood that has seen better days.  I welded in a roll hoop.  There are obviously some mods to the 4 cylinder engine, but what, I can't say.  Ran awesome last time I started it 20 years ago.  Its been a fixture in my garage for years.  It has an overdrive transmission and a banjo rear end.  Comes with a shelf full of spares.  Did not come with a title but along the way I did buy another 72 MGB as a parts car that has a clean title.  Wink wink.  Got a garage full of Buick/Rover V8s if you want to take one or two with the car.  Need it gone.  Its worth $2019 all day long.  Take what I can get just to get it out of here.  13 cars, and this thing is probably at the bottom of my list to get to.  Going outside under a tarp and onto CL and Facebook the minute the Bridgeport shows up.  Located in Southeastern Mass near the bridges to the cape.  I have a trailer as well if thats what it takes to relocate it.  Its in that stage of ugly where non car guys look at it and say "you are never going to finish this thing."  Throw some paint on it and two weeks later the same guy will say "You're almost done."  Just about the worst stage to try and sell a car, but the best stage to buy one in... if you're a car guy.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bR7c4b0eH4neHBJsVyAOKaODmS5A9z5XcTqpGNtkCK7XytO4Gq0D7sxgRto1KlGE