1 2
barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UltraDork
10/14/20 11:49 a.m.

Last minute changes and all. 

Im looking at a set of free wheels offered by another member "if it helps you get to the challenge"

Does this count as an inside deal?

And springs/sway bars, same reason, similar source, haven't really discussed price yet. Same question. 

Thanks!

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/14/20 12:04 p.m.

My understanding is its only counted as free if it is free to anyone. 

I had a similar situation last year. 

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/14/20 12:08 p.m.

Sounds like FMV situation to me.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/14/20 12:37 p.m.

The wheels coming from Dead Sled were in someone's trash.  He picked them up on the way to my house one day.  So they were free to anybody and he offered them to me for free that day, so i'd say they're free to you.  Either way they're in my possession now and I'd literally give them to anyone or put them at the curb with a free sign if you said no thanks.  

otherwise scrap aluminum is .20/lb here so fmv on these particular wheels is maybe $12, minus the $3 state tire disposal fee so they're literally worth nothing because nobody would pay anything for them

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/14/20 12:43 p.m.

well knowing that, they are definitely free lol

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/14/20 1:01 p.m.

Those wheels are free (and they look it).  I tried to give them away free to other friends and coworkers and noone took me up on it.

If you don't take them, I'd tell Patrick to put them on the curb, they're not worth the 10 mile drive to go pick them up.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/14/20 1:04 p.m.

Sounds like the wheels are established as free.  The suspension stuff could go several ways.  Easiest is you Stampie rule them at whatever cost Gumby had on them.  Next is you buy them from Gumby.  Third is you can FMV them here.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/14/20 1:14 p.m.

Out of curiosity i want to see these wheels. i mean for no one to want a set fo free wheels, they have to be BAD. lol

Dead_Sled
Dead_Sled HalfDork
10/14/20 1:24 p.m.

This is after I pressure washed them and ground the paint off the mounting surface.  They're a combo of black, green, and red.  Two have been welded and there are multiple other bends in them.

I literally only grabbed them for scrap, and I only stopped because there was a set of Jeep wheels next to them that I wanted.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
10/14/20 1:28 p.m.

I kind of like the design.  I do not like the multiple colors and the welding.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/14/20 1:33 p.m.

tbh they arent terrible. i was expecting way worse, but i wouldnt want them haha.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/14/20 1:38 p.m.

I sold the suspension to you for beer money. $17 gets me a 30 of PBR.

Go back, check the early emails and use that for your receipt, or I will write you one while you are here. No FMV required

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/14/20 2:01 p.m.

Upon further review, I agree with free. Also, I would paint them back to that awesome green color visible on the back of them with the finest spray paint 4 dollars can buy. laugh

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/14/20 2:03 p.m.
gumby (Forum Supporter) said:

Go back, check the early emails and use that for your receipt, or I will write you one while you are here. No FMV required

I like cheap dates but does PBR count as beer or just flavored water?

wae
wae UltraDork
10/14/20 2:36 p.m.
Stampie (FS) said:
gumby (Forum Supporter) said:

I like cheap dates but does PBR count as beer or just flavored water?

Oh, when did they start flavoring it?

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/14/20 2:54 p.m.

In reply to wae :

I didn’t say good flavor. 

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/14/20 3:12 p.m.

Cool. Wheels are free. 

I'll work it out with Gumby when I get to Indiana. A case of PBR seems like an inside deal, so maybe it's two cases for fairness. 

Anyway, I think I have room in budget, and thiscar will NOT be competitive, just trying to play fair. 
In fact, if anyone is slower than me in the drags, and their car isn't broken, I have a plan for a bit of a wager...

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/14/20 3:35 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

While you're there ask for a tour of the bathroom.  You may want to take a dump before arriving.

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/14/20 3:41 p.m.

*barters with PBR and has an outhouse*

Stampie:

barefootskater (Shaun)
10/14/20 3:43 p.m.

What about this,

I do not have proof of my vehicle purchase price. I had a what-car thread where I commented the asking price, but no screenshots, and there was no bill of sale. I never planned to race it. I solemnly swear the only money I have in it is for the electric fan and maintenance. Bearings, brakes, timing belt, water pump. 

Anyway, I paid $1500, and I currently have it listed in the classifieds here for the same. 

note the missing hub cap. Can I get a $1500 consensus?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/14/20 3:44 p.m.

Aye 

wae
wae UltraDork
10/14/20 3:48 p.m.

In reply to barefootskater (Shaun) :

Only other 1980 Mustang I see in a 500 mile radius is this one https://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/pts/d/spotsylvania-1980-mustang/7207345685.html so no disagreement at $1,500

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/14/20 4:05 p.m.

Third

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/14/20 4:06 p.m.

I'm good with it especially having driven a 4 cylinder fox body.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/14/20 4:11 p.m.
barefootskater (Shaun) said to the Pro Driver:

I disabled the brakes because if you actually use them you'll never get back up to speed.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aa5g8sFrGh4Wq4t7n8vDdC3099W9FK8vKiG70NO0F3LuFh997tWn1KjJH9pmu14A