DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
6/9/19 7:26 a.m.

I have sold the shell of my Challenge car down to zero. If I manage to trade some remaining stuff for some parts (ex. trade the dash cluster for an intake manifold) how do the new parts get budgeted? Free , or FMV?

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
6/9/19 8:05 a.m.

Free but in the notes on the budget sheet say what was traded. "Traded dash from parts car for twin turbo 6.0 LS dynoed at 1000hp."

GTXVette
GTXVette UltraDork
6/9/19 8:35 a.m.

If it were Counted FMV It wouldn't be worth Trading, I lose Value on stuff to Get What I Want or need. I would Trade 3 Hundred dollar parts to get a hundred dollar part I Need And prob. More For something I Want.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
6/9/19 8:48 a.m.
GTXVette said:

If it were Counted FMV It wouldn't be worth Trading, I lose Value on stuff to Get What I Want or need. I would Trade 3 Hundred dollar parts to get a hundred dollar part I Need And prob. More For something I Want.

True.  Lopsided trades are fair game as long as it’s with someone else.  You can’t trade a corolla axle for an ls6 to yourself, but if some poor sucker reeaaallllyyyy needs that axle and offers you it, game on.  I traded a small piece someone really needed to them for something quite large and would cost 10x more, because he realllyyyy needed what i had and didn’t have money

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
6/9/19 9:16 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

If you look at what some vendors are asking for TE27 Corolla parts on Ebay a trade for an engine wouldn't be impossible.

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
6/9/19 9:27 a.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

It is amazing sometimes when I look up part values. I think we're spoiled by this community and other true car people with how we're willing to help each other out. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
4AQkoANYhsJ1VD5MM9I0QGmHFfRaxWhEmycTyDj3FAKN6LNauXTsroKWrg6vgPS2