SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/5/10 1:37 p.m.

$2010 OBO! I am broke as a joke!

'73 TR6, I bought it in 2008. Originally a Georgia car. Was a great runner with lots of recent mechanical service, I parked it when the ignition switch broke to go to town on the body. Most of the hard work is done now; it just needs a little metal fill here and there, a coat of paint, some attention to the interior, and re-assembly. Car is primed and partially sanded. I have some really hard to find spare parts to go with it as well. Frame is rock solid, I'd give it a 9 out of 10 - the body tub has some rust hiding here and there, I'd give it a 6 or 7 though because the exterior panels are real nice. I have every part for the car except the seats and front air dam (which it never came with). The car is probably better as a driver or track beast than a full resto candidate, but that's up to whoever buys it.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

EvanB
EvanB Dork
7/5/10 1:54 p.m.

I would trade you a SV650 but I have no room for another car...yet.

skrzastek
skrzastek Reader
7/5/10 3:37 p.m.

Where are you located (like I need another TR6....)?

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/5/10 4:58 p.m.

Milwaukee, WI. I could arrange delivery within 100 miles or so at buyer's expense.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/7/10 1:52 p.m.

No interest in a $2000 TR6? Really? Maybe I should just part it out.

EvanB
EvanB Dork
7/7/10 1:53 p.m.

Would you be interested in the SV? Maybe I could find some space until I get a garage in Sept.

mtn
mtn SuperDork
7/7/10 2:05 p.m.

Come talk to me in 3 years. Stupid college and not having enough room for projects.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/7/10 2:34 p.m.

Evan, I could use the cash more than I could use the bike (I lost my job), but that is hella sweet. Give me a couple of days to mull it over.

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
7/7/10 2:35 p.m.

Slick, you may want to try here:

http://www.6-pack.org/sixpack/

I'd be interested but I'm up to my eyeballs in my own TR-6!

pete240z
pete240z Dork
7/7/10 3:47 p.m.

Put back on as many parts as you can and park it at the Road America exit at the end of Saturday and Sunday on July 17th and 18th. Vintage Races

SOMEBODY might be interested as they leave that day........(that's how I bought a 1966 Datsun 1600 Roadster - stopping in Milwaukee on the way home after the June Sprints - 1990)

LOL

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/16/10 11:22 a.m.

I still really need to sell this. $2010, obo!

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
7/16/10 5:55 p.m.

Whats it need besides paint and bodywork? Any serious mechanical work? I have a homeboy hookup on that, the rest I would have to do myself. My old man needs this unit bad.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/16/10 11:37 p.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: Whats it need besides paint and bodywork? Any serious mechanical work? I have a homeboy hookup on that, the rest I would have to do myself. My old man needs this unit bad.

The car is really excellent mechanically, the only thing I never went through (and what was next on my list) was going through the carbs. Car always felt like it needed it. I'd also put different wheels on - the wheels on it are re-drilled 4x108 Ford wheels...you can thank the PO for that (Panasports were the original plan...meh).

I put quite a few miles on it before it was parked. With a carb rebuild/re-sync and a new ignition switch, it should run fantastic.

I suppose I should mention that another PO relic is that one of the rear hubs has a lug stud broken off. The hub is fine, should be an easy fix.

If your old man isn't going to be an absolute purist/all-original hardware sort of guy, this car is a good start. Would make a much better driver than a resto, IMO.

Also, I have new photos: here Photobucket

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/16/10 11:57 p.m.

That is sooo tempting... Would have to clear out a few things first...

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/19/10 2:18 p.m.

Still here, still need gone! Someone help a brother out!

96DXCivic
96DXCivic Dork
7/19/10 3:21 p.m.
mtn wrote: Come talk to me in 3 years. Stupid college and not having enough room for projects.

This is my problem. The TR6 is one of my dream car but considering I am going to have to take out a loan to finish college buying a car is a terrible plan.

pete240z
pete240z Dork
7/19/10 5:44 p.m.

What is the GRM price?

What do you need in trade? (Datsun parts? Schwinn bicycles? cherry wood baby cradle?)

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/20/10 9:48 a.m.
pete240z wrote: What is the GRM price? What do you need in trade? (Datsun parts? Schwinn bicycles? cherry wood baby cradle?)

My absolute bottom dollar would be $1500, which is stupidly cheap for a TR6 project this solid.

I would love to trade for a motorcycle but I need to see some cash out of this deal.

Supercoupe
Supercoupe Reader
7/20/10 9:58 a.m.

Boy...am I glad I'm "broker" than you....I've always lusted for a TR6, but I'm struggling to sell my Urq for debt reduction myself. Not to threadjack but i 'm only looking to get what I paid for it, 2500 '83 Urq.

oldtin
oldtin HalfDork
7/20/10 9:59 a.m.

That is a flat out killer deal. If I didn't have 8 vehicles already, I wouldn't bat an eye at picking this one up. SWMBO put the brakes on any new stuff until I get rid of some hardware. Somebody buy this - I'm less than an hour from it - glad to help load, move, view....

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/20/10 10:38 a.m.

Car is now up on fleabay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250669669241

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/20/10 11:55 a.m.

After some thought, I'd also consider partial trades for another car. Something RWD would be preferred, but I'm open.

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
7/21/10 6:01 a.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: No interest in a $2000 TR6?

You bet there's interest. And I'm deeply greatful that you don't live closer to me. Not that you don't live close enough for me to rationalize coming for it.

But like many, I'm up to my eyeballs in unfinished projects already.

Want a fiberglass body for a Spitfire in partial trade? Complete with the frame and metal body under it? I got it a few years ago figuring on building something with it, but never have. I'll even include the 12A engine and transmission I have.

Then we'll both have different unfinished projects to store. :-)

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
7/27/10 3:30 p.m.

Car is gone. $1250. Hah. I feel slightly cheated, but oh well. I really wish one of you knuckleheads would have picked it up!!!!!

Cotton
Cotton HalfDork
7/27/10 3:57 p.m.

I had bid when it was around 800, then had forgot about it. 1250 sounds like a very good price for the buyer.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DEFKS4JGaltM7oNzrQMjfTwBrjU7uPe69qKhimIZTtKPMqEjYBCm9u70JvEoysW9