1 2 3
Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/9/19 4:52 p.m.

Well, I'm on the hook for a burner, my bicycle, some assorted secret booze, and whatever Pat decides I need to take care of. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/9/19 5:03 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Track rules are no alcohol, not sure if that applies to saturday.  

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/9/19 5:05 p.m.

Didn't say nothin' about the hotel.....

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
10/9/19 8:04 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

It may actually be required in the hotel parking lot.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/9/19 9:03 p.m.
hobiercr said:

In reply to Mndsm :

It may actually be required in the hotel parking lot.

This guy gets it. 

keithj
keithj Reader
10/11/19 12:01 p.m.

I am in to bring some stuff down from Ohio as well.  its my first time making it to challenge so what better way to make friends than giving them food.  Ill pack extra coolers and whatever chafing dishes and serving utensils i have left over from my wedding.  Its been a few years Pat but I believe I bought your old boat.    

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/11/19 12:07 p.m.

Ill toss a 20 in the bucket. I just cant cook worth a damn.....

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/11/19 3:33 p.m.

In reply to keithj :

Yes, i was wondering if that was you on the list.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/11/19 4:03 p.m.

Being a challenge noob, what IS the requirement for hotel parking lot beverages? Do I need to bring anything special? 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/11/19 4:51 p.m.
bobzilla said:

Being a challenge noob, what IS the requirement for hotel parking lot beverages? Do I need to bring anything special? 

Share and share alike. Many drink beer. Others drink water or soda. Stampie didn't even know who I was before he offered me a beer- that's sort of how she goes. 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/11/19 5:14 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

I only do that for the cute ones. You should be honored ... or scared. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/12/19 10:10 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I am so in!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/12/19 1:36 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

It's a similar vibe to the night before One Lap. At One Lap, people are applying stickers to cars. At The Challenge, many are still finishing cars mechanically as well as cosmetically. Generally a lot of checking out the competition and a huge dose of camaraderie

Where as the South Bend hotel is a large flat lot that easily accommodates the physical needs of One Lap, the Gainesville hotel is sort of hill and generally not an ideal place for trucks and trailers. Think of the place as a one-way road circling the hotel in a counter clockwise fashion. If you take this approach you'll have no problem getting around the entire building. Consider that you might have to make a second loop around to find the perfect parking spot.  Also expect that you might have block or get blocked by another truck/trailer in order to fit. 

The place to be and the center of operations tends to be all in the back of the building. 

All of this creates a nice intimate gathering. 

I had written about parking in this old thread

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/12/19 2:55 p.m.

No truck/trailer to worry about. We are going to make it or die trying. (Not literally). 

gumby
gumby Reader
10/12/19 3:07 p.m.
bobzilla said:

No truck/trailer to worry about. We are going to make it or die trying. (Not literally). 

Gainesville Or Bust!!

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/12/19 3:07 p.m.

In reply to bobzilla :

My favorite approach! 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/12/19 6:54 p.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Mndsm :

I'll take what I can get. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/12/19 6:56 p.m.

Small update. Seems like Pat and I have sort of nailed down the menu. I'm grabbing chicken, cheese, lettuce, and sour cream in Orlando. I don't know what else we need- but we have sort of a game plan. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/12/19 7:51 p.m.

I'm grabbing non perishable and serving type stuff up here and i'll fill my grill tank.  

i think this is going to work well.  

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/13/19 9:54 p.m.

Im bringing a few folding chairs and can still bring my mini fridge if needed. i am bringing my generator regardless as i planned to bring a compressor because i dont trust my car as far as i can throw it.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/14/19 4:08 p.m.

Tom(mndsm) is getting the chicken, cheese, and lettuce a few days beforehand.  I have knocked out the rest of the list.  I did not get salsa or taco sauce.  If you would like a sauce or salsa in particular or to bring something to share, please feel free to do so.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/14/19 4:36 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

Patrick, thanks for putting this together. My two boys and I would like to get in on the tacos. Limited space in the Jaaaaag means we'll pack hot sauce, salsa, and some cash to toss into the tip bucket wink

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/14/19 5:29 p.m.

Ill bring a special meat dip i make. And the mini fridge just in case lol. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/14/19 6:05 p.m.

Since I haven't figured out how to make hot sauce- I'll bring a bottle of my current store bought favorite. 

RevRico
RevRico PowerDork
10/14/19 6:11 p.m.

In reply to Mndsm :

Hot peppers plus vinegar plus time. Electric pressure cooker helps cut down the time a good bit. 

1 2 3

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
DhTUwRba3KNY1fhsQ5PAJRBgh5TZAloNcWfMDXQlW4qsiW9w0k2aaeS5p35u0UcH