thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
12/16/12 7:36 a.m.

I'm clearing out the garage and driveway and am willing to make someone a great deal. I have a spicy orange msp with the beginnings of a KLDE swap that I'll take $1500 for. The engine is already sitting in the engine bay and the car could be started with a weekend's worth of effort. I have 5 cars, a full time job, a full time hobby, 2 munchkins, and a knocked up wife. My life is full and fantastic! This project just doesn't fit. I've had 4 mazdaspeeds and I've completely lost interest in this. When finished it will be worth an easy $4-5K. It needs the motor mounts finished up (easy - they are stock!), axles, radiator, fluids, exhaust, battery, tune up parts, and wiring to be finished and I have most of this on hand. The parts I don't have add up to around $400, but there's easily $400 worth of stuff that goes with the car that could be parted out to cover the cost.

I'll only deal locally as I have no interest in shipping anything.

Tom 513-708-0995

http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o539/thepope540/CAM00053-2.jpg http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o539/thepope540/CAM00054-2.jpg http://i1146.photobucket.com/albums/o539/thepope540/CAM00055-2.jpg

corytate
corytate SuperDork
12/16/12 9:44 a.m.

awesome username, awesome car. glws!

Nitroracer
Nitroracer SuperDork
12/16/12 5:32 p.m.

What is the legality of the KL swaps in proteges? I live in a state with OBD-II emissions checks.

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
12/16/12 7:48 p.m.

Cory - Thanks!

Nitro - I don't think the car would work for you because the setup would be running the OBD1 ECU from the probe. You might be able to work something with a later ECU from a 626 or something, but I'm guessing it would be way more effort than it would be worth. That being said, if you're interested in the car, I also have an FSDE (4 cyl) and matching trans that could be dropped in. Then you could run all the stock electronics to avoid the emissions issues.

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
12/22/12 5:40 p.m.

Someone come get this thing - $1500. I really want to get two cars in the garage and I'd like to get to work on a turbo for the 944, but neither of these things can happen until this and the probe are gone.

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
12/26/12 10:20 a.m.

Bumpity.... I want to see this thing gone.

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
12/26/12 10:39 a.m.

Tom are you putting a turbo on the 944 i sold you. i do have a full factory swap for one... maybe we could meet at the truck stop at 1am again lol

thepope540
thepope540 New Reader
12/27/12 10:00 a.m.
cutter67 wrote: Tom are you putting a turbo on the 944 i sold you. i do have a full factory swap for one... maybe we could meet at the truck stop at 1am again lol

I finally got the thing running right last week so now I can start tinkering with it. I ended up replacing the entire vacuum system, tweaking the MAF, replacing speed and reference sensors, fuel pump, fuel filter, O2 sensor, plugs, intake manifold gaskets, j boot, and 2 DME's later it finally runs like it should. It was quite the head scratcher and there were several weeks when I was too annoyed to look at the thing. I got it running and now we have 3 inches of snow on the ground....

I'm going to TIG up a custom setup that will keep the turbo on the passenger side of the car. I have pretty much everything I need from leftovers of other projects, its just going to take a weekend with the welder to fab it all up.

How much are you looking to get out of the turbo setup though? I have a cousin that might be interested. He's been debating a 944, but doesn't want NA power, and isn't willing to spend the money on a nice turbo model.

cutter67
cutter67 Reader
12/27/12 10:40 a.m.

wow it took that much. did they all need changed or did it become a change parts till it ran right. PM me or call me about the turbo setup and we can discuss if he wants it

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
LfD3A9E5Q4pXHo7ua04awLtzrij7d46GfUHXNVwnwbAqFoAxfPc2XDu37pKt0svg