1 2
wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
2/14/21 5:19 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

Any wider and flares will be necessary. Does not hit right now.

So make it awesome with spacers and flares.  It's merely really cool right now...

vwcorvette (Forum Supporter)
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
2/14/21 9:28 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

The real concern is the passenger side slider. Not sure how it would clear box flares.

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
2/14/21 9:58 p.m.

In reply to vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) :

Weld it shut.

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) PowerDork
2/14/21 10:05 p.m.
vwcorvette (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

The real concern is the passenger side slider. Not sure how it would clear box flares.

I had 15x8 wheels on my Astros and they stuck out some.I forget the offset. The slider would only open about halfway and would jam against the tire.

ProDarwin
ProDarwin MegaDork
2/14/21 10:05 p.m.

Those tires are still too tall.. going to need more spacer.  Also note those are +56 vs + 31 stock wheels, so your 2" spacer is effectively a 1" spacer.  Referencing Stampies math below, the above is approx 75 - 4 (lowering) - 1 (tire size) = 70" high.  Track is 65.1 + 2" = 67.1" 

Stampie (FS) said:

Stock height 75 inches

Track 65.1 inches

Ride height 7.1 inches

That's a lot to make up.  Figure 4 inch drop.  Stock tire is 27.7 inches tall.  Go to 23 inch tires to gain 2.35 inches.  Put 2 inch spacers on each wheel for a final heighs of 68.65 and final track of 69.1.  That's damn close and if you do weight reduction you'll need to measure to make sure you don't raise too high.

looks cooler tho.

03Panther
03Panther SuperDork
2/15/21 12:09 a.m.

In reply to noddaz :

Wish you were closer to me; I’d love to take ya up on that!

jfryjfry (FS)
jfryjfry (FS) Dork
2/21/21 12:59 p.m.

On my dads 73 full-sized van he had flares and wide rear tires.  For the sliding door he bought an extended arm to kick it out to clear the flare

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oqQnfhDngnS4FNuqLgcZtHtU8DMhum32eraidRLZNB05UG0oIW9V3ek0sbz7WB9O