2 3 4 5 6
Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/4/19 7:38 p.m.
Mndsm said:

What if- the whole Wartburg Gasser was a boondoggle and Patrick shows up with Darth nader?

I bet a Franklin that Darth Nader beats Monzora in the Challenge. I don't think Monzora even belongs in the same sentence as lame as it's name is. 

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
10/4/19 7:45 p.m.
Stampie said:
Mndsm said:

What if- the whole Wartburg Gasser was a boondoggle and Patrick shows up with Darth nader?

I bet a Franklin that Darth Nader beats Monzora in the Challenge. I don't think Monzora even belongs in the same sentence as lame as it's name is. 

I feel like I know Pat better than I know Angry- though I'm reasonably sure I've never met any of them. I think youre right. 

 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/4/19 7:55 p.m.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/4/19 8:00 p.m.

And the guy with the hairdressers car will be the top of this list from that article!!!!!

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/4/19 10:42 p.m.
slowbird said:

I won't make the top 10, but I predict my V6 will sound better than any other V6 in the field. cheeky

Challenge accepted. 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/4/19 10:49 p.m.
SVreX said:

MY DAILY DRIVER HAS BETTER AC THAN ANYBODY'S CHALLENGE CAR!

 

oh wait...that's not how it works, is it?

Oh yeah? My daily driver IS my challenge car and it has good ac. Suck it. 

 

Sorry.... a little late to the game here. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau SuperDork
10/5/19 9:35 a.m.
bobzilla said:
slowbird said:

I won't make the top 10, but I predict my V6 will sound better than any other V6 in the field. cheeky

Challenge accepted. 

Have you HEARD my barely-muffled VQ? Everyone loves that raspy, ricy, tinny tone. 

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/5/19 12:54 p.m.
maschinenbau said:
bobzilla said:
slowbird said:

I won't make the top 10, but I predict my V6 will sound better than any other V6 in the field. cheeky

Challenge accepted. 

Have you HEARD my barely-muffled VQ? Everyone loves that raspy, ricy, tinny tone. 

Everyone LOVES the sound of a Supercharged V-8 with the cut-outs open wink. I guarantee.yes

gumby
gumby Reader
10/5/19 1:52 p.m.
maschinenbau said:

Have you HEARD my barely-muffled VQ? 



-------------

Uncorking the SHO is on my short list. The 650mi drive back from Delaware was way too quiet

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/5/19 3:23 p.m.
Indy-Guy said:
maschinenbau said:
bobzilla said:
slowbird said:

I won't make the top 10, but I predict my V6 will sound better than any other V6 in the field. cheeky

Challenge accepted. 

Have you HEARD my barely-muffled VQ? Everyone loves that raspy, ricy, tinny tone. 

Everyone LOVES the sound of a Supercharged V-8 with the cut-outs open wink. I guarantee.yes

Most v8’s sound good with the load it takes to lug 4300 pounds of car and driver around

TheV8Kid
TheV8Kid HalfDork
10/5/19 3:30 p.m.
Patrick said:
Indy-Guy said:
maschinenbau said:
bobzilla said:
slowbird said:

I won't make the top 10, but I predict my V6 will sound better than any other V6 in the field. cheeky

Challenge accepted. 

Have you HEARD my barely-muffled VQ? Everyone loves that raspy, ricy, tinny tone. 

Everyone LOVES the sound of a Supercharged V-8 with the cut-outs open wink. I guarantee.yes

Most v8’s sound good with the load it takes to lug 4300 pounds of car and driver around

Everybody knows turbo inline 6 is where it's at for best car sounds!

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
10/5/19 4:04 p.m.
TheV8Kid said:
Patrick said:
Indy-Guy said:
maschinenbau said:
bobzilla said:
slowbird said:

I won't make the top 10, but I predict my V6 will sound better than any other V6 in the field. cheeky

Challenge accepted. 

Have you HEARD my barely-muffled VQ? Everyone loves that raspy, ricy, tinny tone. 

Everyone LOVES the sound of a Supercharged V-8 with the cut-outs open wink. I guarantee.yes

Most v8’s sound good with the load it takes to lug 4300 pounds of car and driver around

Everybody knows turbo inline 6 is where it's at for best car sounds!

Oh the irony of "TheV8 Kid” championing the sound of an inline 6 cylinder.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/5/19 4:49 p.m.

VQ’s sound like poop. 

pimpm3
pimpm3 UltraDork
10/5/19 4:54 p.m.

SHO engines sound incredible though...

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/5/19 4:58 p.m.

A 60 degree v6 through 3 inch exhaust and a glasspack. Its enough to make an angel horny. 

I win.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/5/19 8:09 p.m.

Vinyl machine firing on all comic sans cylinders 

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/5/19 9:58 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:

A 60 degree v6 through 3 inch exhaust and a glasspack. Its enough to make an angel horny. 

I win.

Silly boy. 60* v6 with equal length headers through TWO glasspacks. Alfa fan boys cock their heads like a German Shepherd hearing the word “treat”.   

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/8/19 3:34 p.m.

Anti-smack talk:  If some of y’all don’t blow up and DNF one of the categories, I’m getting worried that I’ll place worse than I did in 2006. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/8/19 3:48 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Anti-smack talk:  If some of y’all don’t blow up and DNF one of the categories, I’m getting worried that I’ll place worse than I did in 2006. 

Dfl of all remaining cars is better than some!

And my miata will be kicking the amc in the nuts in all areas. Its that much more better than the last one i built.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
10/8/19 3:49 p.m.
eastsideTim said:

Anti-smack talk:  If some of y’all don’t blow up and DNF one of the categories, I’m getting worried that I’ll place worse than I did in 2006. 

I'm afraid of finishing in the bottom 10. But that's probably where I belong. lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
¯\_(ツ)_/¯ PowerDork
10/8/19 3:50 p.m.

With all this exhaust talk, I just want to tell you all that we have a 4 cylinder out of a family sedan with truck manifolds on it.  I put two mufflers on so you don't have to hear it.  You're welcome.

Oh and also some of you are going to lose to it.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/8/19 3:53 p.m.
Dusterbd13-michael said:
eastsideTim said:

Anti-smack talk:  If some of y’all don’t blow up and DNF one of the categories, I’m getting worried that I’ll place worse than I did in 2006. 

Dfl of all remaining cars is better than some!

And my miata will be kicking the amc in the nuts in all areas. Its that much more better than the last one i built.

I think that's the problem - as delivered we couldn't find any nuts on the AMC.

Everything was just uncaptured bolts!

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
10/8/19 3:56 p.m.

In reply to Robbie :

Weight reduction, man! How else could we get it down to a featherweight 3400lbs?

Its going to be fun seeing what it will do sorted. Thats what killed it last time. 

But im still going to beat you. Rven if i have to dig the connecting rods out of the asphalt with a backhoe.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
10/8/19 3:56 p.m.
slowbird said:
eastsideTim said:

Anti-smack talk:  If some of y’all don’t blow up and DNF one of the categories, I’m getting worried that I’ll place worse than I did in 2006. 

I'm afraid of finishing in the bottom 10. But that's probably where I belong. lol

Based on the entry list, I’m pretty certain I’m finishing in the bottom 10, unless there are a ton of DNFs.  In 2006, I beat a Porsche 928.  But that was the only car I beat.

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/8/19 4:03 p.m.
slowbird said:
eastsideTim said:

Anti-smack talk:  If some of y’all don’t blow up and DNF one of the categories, I’m getting worried that I’ll place worse than I did in 2006. 

I'm afraid of finishing in the bottom 10. But that's probably where I belong. lol

Fun factoid about me: I would be perfectly happy finishing DFL. But I'll talk smack clear up to that point!

2 3 4 5 6
Our Preferred Partners
bBSmAPOS3vCzBdIaVF8UjJ4rHhgKI0lq76uHkwbABdX4OY7ais0dUibm5IHBwRdH