1 2
Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy UberDork
7/21/19 2:35 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

No I’ll find someone local going and send it along. Or maybe I’ll just ship it down. 

I will be building a car to challenge specs but I won’t go.  The cost of a trip like that will take a serious bite out of any planned racing budget.  

I’ll take as many pictures as I can and do a detailed budget.  But I like wheel to wheel racing.  

Sweet. 

Can you please post a link here to your build thread? I'd really like to see how you do it.

Also, once it's finished, I'm sure we can get the GRM relay to transport the car south to Gainesville.  Then it's just a cheap plane ticket away from victory!

(I volunteer Stampie.  He's  made a quick weekend round trip to Indiana for a free car just a few months ago)

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/21/19 3:18 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Hell I'll fly and drive it to the Challenge. It'll make an interesting adventure thread given Jaguars reputation for unreliability. Well until Ford bought them out from going under. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
7/21/19 6:10 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

The plane ticket is a freebie. ( My daughter works for Delta and I fly free) but getting my Jaguar to Florida safely and cheaply?  

Nope,  not gonna register or license it.  If I recall correctly  it’s not required. 

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
7/21/19 6:17 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

I’ll post everything here, but don’t expect a complete  story.  I’m lousy at taking pictures while working. In fact I have darn few pictures of any of the cars I’ve done. 

Most in fact are in a picture box up in my office.  Back in those days you needed an actual camera and film. Then you had to remember to develop it.  

Stampie
Stampie PowerDork
7/21/19 7:12 p.m.
frenchyd said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

The plane ticket is a freebie. ( My daughter works for Delta and I fly free) but getting my Jaguar to Florida safely and cheaply?  

Nope,  not gonna register or license it.  If I recall correctly  it’s not required. 

I'll get a 30 day temp plate and insure it. I'll fly to you, drive it to the Challenge, and drive it back within those 30 days. You want this year or next?

frenchyd
frenchyd UberDork
7/22/19 9:57 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I’ll be starting on it next year.  SWMBO still has a punch list on the house. 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
7/22/19 6:06 p.m.

ckosacranoid’s TRUE identity must not be revealed. 

noddaz
noddaz SuperDork
7/27/19 12:50 p.m.
Daylan C said:

In reply to AnthonyGS :

My car is CAM legal if I make it.  But I'm planning on going as a Gastropod and neither me or my car will be a serious contender for the class though. 

Just a thought, if someone is trying to be a serious contender for this they might be doing it wrong...

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 New Reader
7/29/19 11:22 a.m.
poopshovel again said:

In for GM VS Ford side-bet action devil

I like where your head is at. 

Daylan C
Daylan C UberDork
7/29/19 11:47 a.m.

In reply to noddaz :

Well I don't think things at the top are a joke these days. I'm sure I'm not the only one slapping a simple car together and going just to see what happens though.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
WZtIIbd4YBX6yVFyar8usYzIkk9VMxPWPucEL7Ur05Gw05yFkZF1wh635XnZxBZu