H8tank
H8tank
2/21/23 10:57 a.m.

Hey guys new here, building my race car as we speak but......   how do I sign up for the event? Do I ore register or just show up the day of with my binder and budget??? I can't find an entry form or email to send one to for confirmation that im entered. 

Lof8 - Andy
Lof8 - Andy UltraDork
2/21/23 11:03 a.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/21/23 11:16 a.m.
H8tank
H8tank New Reader
2/21/23 4:34 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

Well I'm even more confused now.  Do I have to purchase a driver wrist band, and pay 70 per event plus camping fee? That's insane. The cost of this event would litterly be more than my vehicle.........

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
2/21/23 4:37 p.m.

Unfortunately, the cost of the vehicles competing doesn't change what it costs to run an event.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/21/23 4:41 p.m.

Step #1, start a small business

Step #2, put a sticker or decal on the challenge car promoting said business

Step #3, write off all challenge related expenses on your 2023 tax return as business expenses promoting your business as it was featured in a periodical as a direct result of entering in a sub $2000 class. 

H8tank
H8tank New Reader
2/21/23 7:15 p.m.

In reply to Keith Tanner :

In fairness it negates the fact that they are "promoting" the fact that racing can be budget friendly......  it isn't when you charge 9 different fees for an event...... I've lost interest.  I'll just stick to track days at the firm where the charge one fee lol.  

H8tank
H8tank New Reader
2/21/23 7:20 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

It isn't the the amount of money.  It's the principle of the thing. I hate hypocrisy.  Hagerty or what ever clown show has it set up where you have to go through hoops to sign up......     make one price.... run my card and call it a day....   why make all this complication of picking this and that before check out.... and why promote cheap racing at such a high cost..... 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/21/23 7:30 p.m.

Sorry the form was frustrating--we set it up that way because so many teams have different numbers of drivers, cars, etc. that they were struggling to register (and spending money unnecessarily) back when we had a more traditional registration form.

Our goal is to charge the correct amount, rather than other organizations who might, for example, charge the full fee for an additional car and driver if you had two drivers sharing one car. We want to avoid those extra expenses, hence the item-by-item form. I did notice last time I registered for a FIRM open track day that they offered additional options totaling about $500. Don't get me wrong, I love the FIRM and go there all the time, but registering for anybody's event requires making some choices. 

I just went ahead and tweaked the form to have an easy one-click way to register the most common scenario, and I hope you'll reconsider joining us.

As far as the total cost, yeah, there isn't much we can do there. I wish I could say we make a killing at the $2000 Challenge, but it's usually about a break-even event for us. 

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/21/23 7:36 p.m.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
2/21/23 8:19 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

If you make it that easy then Angry might actually show up this year.

Toot
Toot Reader
2/21/23 8:49 p.m.

The $2000 challenge is the cheapest track day we have ever entered and definitely the nicest group of people looking to have fun.

dyintorace
dyintorace PowerDork
2/21/23 9:35 p.m.

$175 for the entire weekend seems incredibly fair for everything you get at the Challenge!

Cooper_Tired
Cooper_Tired HalfDork
2/21/23 9:54 p.m.

In reply to dyintorace :

Agree completely 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
2/22/23 11:00 a.m.
Stampie said:

if building a car was as easy as registering for the event...

QuasiMofo (John Brown)
QuasiMofo (John Brown) MegaDork
2/22/23 7:28 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:
Stampie said:

if building a car was as easy as registering for the event...

You know... if everyone at the Challenge got together I bet you could put a huge dent in that car... I will supply the truck and trailer.

Mndsm
Mndsm MegaDork
2/22/23 7:51 p.m.

Last time I had as much fun as I had at the challenge for the same price, I ended up with a court date. It's worth it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
uCqEzplzb866AFm05Y5WOxWOIgjxgxBKc7uGtoaqgpBUL8xwyHDm0WGudVDeyJAW