Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
5/10/12 8:02 p.m.

Not mine . . . in the Queen City

2000 Toyota celica GTS 6speed - $1000 (Statesville)

CL Seller said: 2000 Toyota celica GTS 6speed - $1000 (Statesville) Date: 2012-05-10, 5:00PM EDT Reply to: mqnvx-3008079149@sale.craigslist.org I lost the title for this car so it would be sold as parts only. I have had it tagged and insured for 4 years as it is. Starting to overheat could be small prob. Could b something else I don't know or care to deal with it. If u want to come see it email me. It is a work car for me nothing fancy body needs paint plastic bumpers are peeling ect. I have put new parts on it ask what if u like when u email me. Sold as is I don't want any of the hassle of this car like I said no idea what the prob may be Location: Statesville it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests PostingID: 3008079149
corytate
corytate Dork
5/11/12 5:23 p.m.

killer deal! I am very fond of those GTS

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
5/12/12 12:10 a.m.

Too bad it doesn't have a title . . . For NC, I think the cost some like 20 bux to get a title

Am I close Cory?

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
5/12/12 8:04 a.m.

Ummmm.... Anybody want to buy my MX6? I want this.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan SuperDork
5/12/12 8:17 a.m.
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Ummmm.... Anybody want to buy my MX6? I want this.

For serious?

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
5/12/12 9:44 a.m.

Does the guy seriously think physically "losing" the title means the car has no title and can be sold for parts only?

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
5/12/12 12:59 p.m.

There are a TON of decent looking cars in NC and SC that litter CL without a title . . . Knowing that a title is necessary in SC.

When I see a car for sale without a title (especially a newer one) makes me think stolen, salvage, flood, lien or some other dubious issue they don't want you to know about.

The excuse I normally hear is . . . "well, I bought it for to build a race car and didn't need the title."

After doing some research and looking at some docs . . . I guess I shouldn't have posted this . . . my bad

MrJoshua
MrJoshua PowerDork
5/12/12 2:07 p.m.

In most states if he has had it tagged and insured for the last 4 years he actually has to own the car with a title. Actually I am wrong-he could be in the process of buying the car and trying to sell it without satisfying the lien. Hmmm-sounds like a guy I would take to the DMV with me if I were trying to buy the car to make sure there is no weirdness.

92CelicaHalfTrac
92CelicaHalfTrac MegaDork
5/13/12 8:19 a.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
92CelicaHalfTrac wrote: Ummmm.... Anybody want to buy my MX6? I want this.
For serious?

If i could get a 7th gen GTS legally for $2k or less, absolutely, i'd be all for some cereal.

corytate
corytate Dork
5/13/12 11:26 a.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: Too bad it doesn't have a title . . . For NC, I think the cost some like 20 bux to get a title Am I close Cory?

I think they're running $28 now, iirc.
IF you can actually get the title just by filing for a lost title at DMV.
Then you got taxes on the car, which would probably be about $70.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wAOhhpLcNg80pu26JuLNuVf6YurWaYKRSAP0gGyCs9asYLW6A7XzhBNSW5gRB2rb