Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/19/19 11:11 a.m.

Here's what stickers will be required at the event.

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
9/19/19 11:37 a.m.

Is that a gen 5 prelude?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/19/19 11:47 a.m.

Since it is labeled as a guide, is there any flexibility on the sponsorship stick? Also is the white rectangle behind the logos going to be white or will it be clear? I ask because I had based my visual package off of the way the sponsorship decals had to be done in the past with them all being independent and up to the team on placement

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/19/19 11:47 a.m.

In reply to Robbie :

I was thinking R32 Skyline, with really unfortunate custom bodywork around the headlights and taillights.

I don't mind the decal placement...in fact I might even keep them on after the event, to broadcast how much of an awesome race car I have.

Tom Suddard
9/19/19 12:12 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Yes, there's flexibility as noted on the guide, but none beyond that. The logo stack is white behind the logos. 

I know this might not match every livery perfectly, but it was necessary to ensure a level playing field (no more custom number panels, sponsor logos, etc. for some competitors) and a professional-looking Challenge field. 

Greg Smith
Greg Smith Dork
9/19/19 12:32 p.m.

Would appreciate the dimensions of the logo stack when available. 

Tom Suddard
9/19/19 12:39 p.m.

The section of logos is roughly 14.5" tall, but I can't guarantee any dimensions of what's printed until it's actually made a few days before the event. The dimensions given on the decal placement guide are accurate, though. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/19/19 12:45 p.m.

Numbers can be on back door as long as it’s between the decal stack and the rear wheel?

can the decal stack be trimmed to rid it of the white

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
9/19/19 12:46 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

and a professional-looking Challenge field. 

Well that eliminates me. 

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/19/19 12:46 p.m.

Oh, are 3-digit numbers still allowed? I think my 2nd choice would be a 3-digit number if my primary option is already taken.

Tom Suddard
9/19/19 12:48 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

We haven't technically assigned any numbers yet, but assuming less than 99 cars sign up, we'll be sticking to two-digit numbers in order to make them easier for everybody to read. 

Tom Suddard
9/19/19 12:50 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You can trim the top and bottom of the decal stack, but the logos need to stay on the white background.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/19/19 1:26 p.m.

Are we allowed to run decals and logos in addition  to the approved decals and logos or are we only allowed to run the approved ones?

Tom Suddard
9/19/19 1:33 p.m.

You can run whatever you'd like in addition to the provided decals as long as they aren't competing companies. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/20/19 9:31 a.m.

Darn, there goes my vintage “No Fear” window banner cheeky

edit:  is the CRC window banner solid?  If so, it’ll just cover up the existing banner, and I won’t need to pull it off.

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
9/20/19 11:17 a.m.
Tom Suddard said:

You can run whatever you'd like in addition to the provided decals as long as they aren't competing companies. 

Will I be allowed to run my "Hot Rod Power Tour" Sticker on the top of the rear window (as seen in the pic below) ?

Tom Suddard
9/20/19 12:06 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

Yes

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/20/19 3:06 p.m.

Just wanting to confirm, is the windshield banner solid like this:

Or more like lettering with no background like this:

Tom Suddard
9/20/19 3:13 p.m.

Waiting to hear back from CRC on that. 

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/20/19 8:32 p.m.
Tom Suddard said:

Waiting to hear back from CRC on that. 

Cool, thanks!

Tom Suddard
9/21/19 5:13 a.m.

Ok, CRC banner is solid. 

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
9/21/19 8:29 a.m.

How many kegs of beer will there be at the social?

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
9/21/19 11:31 a.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

Ok I have an issue, with the windshield banners being solid, I'm 6'6" in a 1991 MR2, I look through the top 4 " of the windshield. Do you have an actual size on bannor? I would like to see how bad this will be or if we can come up with a reasonable alternative.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/21/19 11:34 a.m.
 Tom Suddard said:

Ok, CRC banner is solid. 

Awesome, I don’t have to scrape off a 25 year old inside banner piece by tiny piece!

Tom Suddard
9/23/19 8:22 a.m.

In reply to Fladiver64 :

It won't be too tall. I'm not sure exactly how tall it will be once installed, since you'll trim it to the outline of your windshield and every car is different. You should be able to apply it without it hanging down too much.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
AfGuETGhesyIsJND1BzwhH4E2OoCj68j6Zo2D4nI5F5STJT6feVIx8glYOC1QtBa