Crazier
Crazier Reader
5/31/20 12:45 a.m.

My current build. 

90 corvette that I bought forever ago and was totaled in 2015 or 16 I boight it back from insurance for $600. I have no recepits.

Kept it a while, did nothing with it. Let the local school work on it and they screwed it up bad.

Sold it, bought it back a year later after the new owner was about to get it towed. I never paid the entire agreed upon price and never got some of the parts that were supposed to come with it because he never showed back up... Car was in my name, so I just moved it, never heard back from him, has been like 18 months.

Built on it for a while. Then gave up and essentially parted it out.

Started over, built on it a while and then essentially parted it out.

I dont have any recepits, as I had totaly given up on the challenge

In the end I had this, minus the engine,  computer wireing harness ect.

And some parts that I picked up in an entirely seperate transaction that I drove 700 miles each way to get.

I think at one point it was agreed that after parting the car out that I could claim it as scrap price.

Scrap near me has been $90 for a long time (with a breif rise to $110)

i do still have the transmision, but I was unable to sell it because I had modified the case... Was planning on cannibalizing it for parts.

I am much closer now that I have ever been before to completion.

I am still fighting workmans comp and the post office has no work within my restrictions... But extended unemployment means I should not have to part it out again to pay bills!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/31/20 5:52 a.m.

Ovid & Flem's ex-Challenge C4 was in similar condition when his widow sold it for $200. No engine, the stock trans was still in it & work fine though, and it also included some spare parts like a weird fiberglass thing to replace the glass hatch, the wheels/tires he ran at the Challenge in 2016 & a couple aluminum race seats. 

$90 for yours sounds fair to me. 

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/31/20 7:31 a.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

a rolling frame with wheels and brakes is more than $90.  I think $200 is more fair-er

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
5/31/20 7:42 a.m.

I'm good at $200.  

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
5/31/20 11:05 a.m.

$200 is OK by me

Crazier
Crazier Reader
5/31/20 11:29 a.m.

Id be happy at $200 I still have a few non corvette related parts that came off scrap vehicles that I traded scrap for scrap. And some vette parts in pretty rough shape. That would end up as scrap otherwise.

So that is four. Id still need one more.

AAZCD (Forum Supporter)
AAZCD (Forum Supporter) Dork
5/31/20 11:33 a.m.

I'm okay at $200. My most recent parts car purchase: roller Boxster with brakes, steering, junk wheels, no interior, and incomplete body was a fair buy at $600.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SBPlEhA5ROS79kIrRd2DDIqg9jIOthRjXJmfsvatxujXrKKMLrXeelMBtiihtSEZ