AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/5/20 12:02 p.m.

Digging through the box I received last year, looking for a bearing I knew was in there, I found these suspension bushings that could become motor mount inserts. I didn't just buy them and put them in there either! Unpacking my 2019 NYG Box

so, the question is, for items that are received in the GRM NYG, and subsequently used in a Challenge build, FMV or Free?

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/5/20 12:05 p.m.

I have asked and was told fmv.  My box 2 years ago had a new $200 boost controller in it and sadly it wouldn't be free.  

7/5/20 12:12 p.m.

In reply to Patrick (Forum Supporter) :

Well, at least I'll save postage this year since I won't be NYG'ing the LSA supercharger I picked up the other day.

7/5/20 12:15 p.m.

In reply to AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) :

you can send that here tho

7/5/20 2:38 p.m.

OK so how about FMV = the weight of the individual part divided by the total weight of the NYG package, times the cost of sending a Large Flat Rate box. I mean, the definition of the NYG is "random E36 M3 you've got laying around, that you'd chuck into a box and send to a total stranger, receiving only a similar box in return." It's kinda the literal definition of "free to anyone = free".

Greg Smith (Forum Supporter)
Greg Smith (Forum Supporter) Dork
7/11/20 11:42 p.m.
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) said:

It's kinda the literal definition of "free to anyone = free".

That's a pretty good case - except it's not free to anyone - just to the (hopefully) cool people on GRM who are likely to participate in these shennanigans. 

7/12/20 7:34 a.m.

If you want even more technicality, you traded the stuff you sent out for it and paid shipping one way

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
jEzLmQrBj21cRkKGxoabeh4k4NA5LhotXKBKwD75NxZYNkiU8H9AGFbZ664kAfuw