Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/14/11 3:50 p.m.

For Sale or Trade:

Porsche "Sport Seats" (Option Codes M383 & M387). These Sport Seats feature huge side bolsters, 4-way electric movement, adjustable backrests, and full leather covers. They are the light tan / cream "Linen" color (I think), and have perforated leather on the inserts. They are in the original car they were ordered in, a 1986 Porsche 944, and fit all of the 924/944/968 series (maybe the 911 too?).

I have both seats in fully functional condition. The passenger seat is nearly perfect, and the driver's seat is much the same, but has a golf-ball size hole in the driver's bolster, as most of them do. I would like to sell these seats, or ideally, swap them with another Porsche owner for a set of CLOTH or microfiber seats (no leather) as my car is being setup for autocrossing. I would be interested in stock Porsche seats or any reputable adjustable racing seat. Depending on the condition of your seats we can add cash on your end or my end.

Ideally I would like to find another 944 owner and swap the matching backseats as well (which are absolutely perfect), though that is not a requirement. Obviously I would be most interested in other Linen/Tan seats, possibly black, and maybe a "race" color like red.

Just e-mail me or post with what you have and I will let you know if I am interested or not. Otherwise, $750 is a fair price for the set or maybe make an offer? I couldn't even find a set on eBay to compare to.

Thanks!

Woody
Woody SuperDork
3/14/11 4:07 p.m.

Post those on Pelican and they will sell quickly.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/14/11 4:43 p.m.

Thanks, and I did!

I still can't figure out if my price is way too high, too low, or what. These things are a LOT rarer then I thought.

Woody
Woody SuperDork
3/14/11 5:57 p.m.

I'd say that your price is right in the ballpark. The new seat covers are really expensive and everyone wants black ones anyway, so whomever buys them will probably recover them anyway.

Someone will buy them from you off Pelican, but they will have spent almost three grand before they put them into their car.

Junkyard_Dog
Junkyard_Dog Dork
3/14/11 6:15 p.m.

If these are the "best" seats you could get from the factory, why are you getting rid of them?

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/14/11 6:20 p.m.

They don't really work all that well. Don't get me wrong, the bolsters are nice once you're "in", but entry/deplaneing is horrendous with them. With helmets on it's even worse. They also sit "tall" and angled pretty straight which eats into headroom with a helmet one. The biggest error though is leather, which is slicker than an oil-soaked penguin on the track! I need cloth or microfiber/suede to keep my butt planted. I never understood leather in sports cars.

Anyways, I have a patch kit for it that's the wrong color. I wonder if they are worth patching correctly and/or re-dyeing for maximum $$$?

docwyte
docwyte Reader
3/15/11 10:10 p.m.

I sold a set of black leather, heated factory sports seats for $1800. I think your price is low...

Woody
Woody SuperDork
3/16/11 10:36 a.m.
docwyte wrote: I sold a set of black leather, heated factory sports seats for $1800. I think your price is low...

Black seats are almost always worth more.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/16/11 11:07 a.m.

So do I patch and dye? Then I can sell them as mint instead of needing work?

Rusted_Busted_Spit
Rusted_Busted_Spit Dork
3/16/11 12:14 p.m.

I would say yes.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/17/11 9:38 a.m.

Pics:

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/21/11 9:07 a.m.

Still available. I'm trying to avoid pulling and redyeing them.

Giant Purple Snorklewacker
Giant Purple Snorklewacker SuperDork
3/21/11 9:16 a.m.

Those look to be the exact same seats that are in my 964. I'm sad to hear you are having trouble getting rid of them because i was planning to try and sell mine to offset the cost of putting a pair of Recaro SRDs in there.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
3/21/11 11:05 a.m.

If they were black and perfect they would have sold in mere moments. Honestly, if I don't get a local trade by the time the wether gets nice, that's what I'm going to do...

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7bpCq4Yy5vK9PKqmFXWn6EzgTMWSyrH8LJ0v5XkWFf6J3Ldl6W08UIC32G2Xnd4U