Catch22
Catch22 New Reader
7/4/21 6:37 p.m.

I was pulling a junkyard cart into the LKQ Daytona location on July 1st as I received the notification!  I ended up using the last of my rewards points on the engine and trans purchased on that day.

They will no longer be asking for your phone number and you will no longer be receiving points for parts purchases.  But any previously accrued points are still available to you and can be redeemed for a discount up until Sep 30, 2021.

So if you have points, especially if you have over 500, try and use your points before they disappear!  I may have heard that if you are close to 500 points, a manager may work with you to get you up to 500 points to get one last 20% discount!  This may be up to each individual manager, so at least give it a go!

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa UberDork
7/4/21 7:07 p.m.

All of my local LKQs suck.  They've never asked me for my number and act like its a hassle when I try to give it.

Supposedly they are coming up with a new system 

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
7/5/21 3:37 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Pretty much the same here, although after years of getting overcharged, I guess they're used to seeing me enough and know that I show them every nut, bolt, fuse and relay that they've started grossly undercharging me for stuff. Like a cylinder head with cams and a valve cover, and them knowingly just charging for the valve cover. 

Catch22
Catch22 New Reader
7/6/21 4:19 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

All of my local LKQs suck.  They've never asked me for my number and act like its a hassle when I try to give it.

Supposedly they are coming up with a new system

I saw the same info about a new rewards system?  Time will tell!

Catch22
Catch22 New Reader
7/6/21 4:24 p.m.
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) said:

In reply to Mr_Asa :

Pretty much the same here, although after years of getting overcharged, I guess they're used to seeing me enough and know that I show them every nut, bolt, fuse and relay that they've started grossly undercharging me for stuff. Like a cylinder head with cams and a valve cover, and them knowingly just charging for the valve cover. 

I've seen both sides of the same here!  Overcharged on one trip and only charged for a few of the overall items the next.  I do frequent them too often to not be recognized.  Plus I used the S... out of the rewards program.  So I will be curious about this new "rewards program".

Until then I will be using other yards for most of my parts.

Catch22
Catch22 New Reader
7/6/21 4:26 p.m.

I mainly wanted to share with others that might not know this already!

Happy junkyard hunting to all!

Nomad
Nomad Reader
7/26/21 8:16 a.m.

No other 'yards but them around me, they don't have as many good cars (that I like) anymore and their alert system is seriously late. Combine that with 'yard workers9or their friends) stripping off valuable bits before putting them in the row and its been impossible to find the good stuff I used to.

With "Jr Nomad" getting to driving age soon I may be back more often

Barb_Dwyer
Barb_Dwyer New Reader
7/26/21 1:51 p.m.

In reply to Mr_Asa :

My experience at the dealership has been pretty much the same, although they've started undercharging me for stuff now after years of overcharging me. Such as when they charge for just the valve cover even though the cylinder head has cams with it. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
mGM3n4rQMKMKw4Yc42tidYqYFbgu3LEbmCcqO10lZTcmjhU3Yq6dedyrdfhVdHb0