Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/10/13 12:08 p.m.

FREE Mazdaspeed Miata shell.

This is a bare shell. Anything that can be unbolted has been unbolted. Ideal for a race build or a reshell of a crashed racer. Or some sort of crazed Challenge car.

Slight damage on the LF corner, easy to straighten. Sold with a certificate of salvage, no title.

Located in Palisade, CO at Flyin' Miata. Please make it go away.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy UltimaDork
10/10/13 12:40 p.m.
Keith Tanner wrote: ll. Anything that can be unbolted has been unbolted.

Not true. I see a door catch that could be undone.

DukeOfUndersteer
DukeOfUndersteer UltimaDork
10/10/13 12:49 p.m.

Man, if it wasn't 800 miles away, I'd drag a trailer up there and pick it off of you.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/10/13 1:08 p.m.

When we first advertised this for $500, we had a lot of guys hoping it was a super-cheap street car and wanted to know if they could get it back on the road with just, you know, seats or something. Or they wanted to buy the front fenders. So I might have overstated the amount of stripping just ever so slightly. It does still have door catches. It's possible a few brackets remain as well.

We get lots of people telling us why they can't take it. Where are the problem-solvers, the can-do guys who try to figure out HOW they can get it?

Swank Force One
Swank Force One MegaDork
10/10/13 1:24 p.m.

Keith, just to feed our imaginations with something that might trigger someone to come get it...

What would YOU do with it if you were forced to take it?

4cylndrfury
4cylndrfury MegaDork
10/10/13 1:28 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Keith, just to feed our imaginations with something that might trigger someone to come get it... What would YOU do with it if you were forced to take it?

The Entirety of GRM said: Ellis Juan!!!!!!1!
JFX001
JFX001 UltraDork
10/10/13 1:48 p.m.

I sent the link to a couple of friends in CO...maybe they can help get it gone.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/10/13 2:23 p.m.
Swank Force One wrote: Keith, just to feed our imaginations with something that might trigger someone to come get it... What would YOU do with it if you were forced to take it?

Depends on what I needed at the time. The Targa Miata started with a shell. So there you go. I'd eventually build a 525 hp LS3-powered Miata with skid plates, a full cage, active aero, Martini livery and then race it in the Targa Newfoundland.

Obviously, I don't have plans for it or this wouldn't be up for grabs But if you want imaginary things that could be done...
- build a killer XP car with the L33 that I just pulled from the Targa Miata
- mine the NASA rulebook and figure out how to rule PTE
- use it as the base for a bare minimum Miata, adding a roll cage and "rollerskate"
- buy a Spec Miata that's just been balled up and resurrect it

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
10/10/13 2:30 p.m.

ISn't this the OPPOSITE of the parts people like to keep on a miata when lightening it?

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/10/13 5:40 p.m.

If you still want to keep it a Miata (and not an Exocet), this is the one part you can't get rid of

Javelin
Javelin MegaDork
10/10/13 6:01 p.m.
mndsm wrote: ISn't this the OPPOSITE of the parts people like to keep on a miata when lightening it?

Exactly. I imagine there will be more of these as the Exocet gets out there.

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
10/10/13 6:05 p.m.

Well, you don't have to worry about this one anymore. It's gone.

Datsun310Guy
Datsun310Guy PowerDork
10/11/13 6:45 a.m.

I thought you explained how to get rid of a shell in your book.......

slefain
slefain UltraDork
10/11/13 8:47 a.m.

Ghettocet!

Maroon92
Maroon92 MegaDork
10/11/13 4:19 p.m.

If I'd been listening better when I was there on Wednesday (mostly the "free" part), you would have had to help me ratchet strap it to the roof of the Mazda3...

Glad I selectively didn't hear "the F-word".

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
X3nkID1j7JGCXB3JuCDZIR7rEKoXoqozqWspLFODYmgh6vDHcRjTKUmqXh1P822R