1 2
PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
5/23/11 11:28 a.m.

No one has even come to see the van in person.

@patgizz - Sorry, like so many others I already have more big projects than I need.

I might also entertain a trade for an operational motorcycle?

skierd
skierd Dork
5/25/11 9:15 p.m.

Damn...

Whats it look like on the inside? Does the heat work? Any chance it has a/c?

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
5/31/11 1:49 p.m.

It looks like a brown metal box inside. It has a camel-colored dash and I did add a carpeted dash pad, though the original dash wasn't really torn up or anything so it would be fine without. You get 2 bucket seats and the limited storage you got back in 82 before we carried our entire life with us in the car (think one small cargo bin and an ashtray). 4x4 level is on the floor between the seats. No cargo cage or divider. Does have a rubber mat the covers the cargo area. No carpet. It absolutely does make heat but driving can still be chilly in winter with the tiny blower fan trying to heat up the whole box.

Had A/C once and some of the lines are still under the hood. Not sure what all is missing but the dash controls are there.

I did just install a head unit and some Sony 3-way speakers this past weekend. Working good for the 100 miles I drove on Saturday. Started pulling left some under braking but it was intermittent, so I think one of the left brakes may be hanging up. Drives straight but brakes left. I won't be able to fix this any time soon as I'm starting an 8-week run of 14 hour days and the stereo was my last round of tinkering with anything at all until August.

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
6/8/11 11:53 a.m.

Chocolate Thunder just did another hundred-miler to pick up an engine block. They should have sold this as the Ford Econoline "Do Work." Edition...

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
6/24/11 3:19 p.m.

Yet another "sad van" bump. Several e-mails and no one ever even comes to see it.

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
6/25/11 8:53 a.m.

Looking for a trade for a reliable somewhat fuel-efficient beater? Or just trying to thin the herd?

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
6/25/11 7:24 p.m.
Racer1ab wrote: Looking for a trade for a reliable somewhat fuel-efficient beater? Or just trying to thin the herd?

I'm mostly trying to go back to a pickup truck, but I'll listen to anything if you want to send me a quick note about what you are interested in trading.

JoeyM
JoeyM SuperDork
6/25/11 7:29 p.m.

I have a friend in TN who wants a 4x4 van. I just sent him a link to this thread. It is the same guy who is selling the AR-15

Racer1ab
Racer1ab Reader
6/26/11 6:49 a.m.

Basically, I've got a 97 Lexus ES300 with 205k miles that has a bit of body damage on the passenger side rear corner. It still runs great, just has a bit of my own hillbilly duct tape body repair for the passenger taillight that was damaged in the fender bender.

It cleans up ok, but I've had it for 7 years and am just ready for something else.

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
6/28/11 8:21 a.m.
Racer1ab wrote: Basically, I've got a 97 Lexus ES300 with 205k miles that has a bit of body damage on the passenger side rear corner. It still runs great, just has a bit of my own hillbilly duct tape body repair for the passenger taillight that was damaged in the fender bender. It cleans up ok, but I've had it for 7 years and am just ready for something else.

As much as I like variety I can't really justify this one. I have a nice daily driver and living in the city means I want something small/efficient if I'm going to grab a beater. I know this car is no longer "big" by today's standards but in my book it's a full-size car, which I just can't use. I do appreciate the offer. If my situation changes I will let you know.

JoeyM wrote: I have a friend in TN who wants a 4x4 van. I just sent him a link to this thread. It is the same guy who is selling the AR-15

Thanks for passing on the tip. Happy to answer any questions he may have.

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
7/6/11 5:01 p.m.

Still looking for a new home.

alex
alex SuperDork
7/7/11 11:22 a.m.

Please tell me you won't trade for an '88 GMC 1500 pu with fresh front end work and a matching utility cap. Please.

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
7/7/11 6:42 p.m.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I very well might! Can you send me some details?

Cotton
Cotton Dork
7/28/11 10:42 p.m.

Bump for a cool van. Did it ever sell?

PoisonousBeef
PoisonousBeef New Reader
8/1/11 12:09 p.m.

Van is still here. One local guy said he would buy it for $2k last week but hasn't come back so it's still for sale.

drainoil
drainoil New Reader
6/25/12 7:07 a.m.

Did this ever sell?

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C9zrskGMBaMiTOyJ3P8k0kh7B0bTHPeIV8sQxJkbBBQSLpnuGmhMEL64sz9F20Mc