White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
5/17/11 9:57 a.m.

I'd planned on holding onto this a bit longer, but I just moved and need to cut down on how many cars I have.

178k miles. Looks like hell, runs like a champ. I replaced the entire ignition system last year - coil, ignitor, distributor, plugs, wires - as well as the fuel filter. Battery just over a year old, as are the Fuzion HRi tires. No 5th gear pop-out, a common issue with these cars. I put a generic aftermarket muffler on for it when I got it to replace the rusted stock one, and I got a new flexpipe and general exhaust system patching done a month ago. It sounds sporty without being loud. I also replaced a cracked headlight, a flaky turn signal relay, and the extra rusty left front fender. The only modifications are more aggressive Axxis front brake pads, speakers (rear only), an AM/FM/digital media stereo (doesn't take CDs but plug in your SD card, flash drive, or external MP3 player), and a small pocket in the center console cut and modified for mounting my ham radio (which I've removed). Also has a sunroof deflector, which really cuts down on wind noise with the sunroof open.

The bad - rust. The previous owner did a lot of bondo work before I bought the car in March 2010, but he didn't eliminate the rust, and it's starting to peek through the paint again. It's only a matter of time until it rusts out. The paint is kind of ugly too. The transmission recently developed a small leak. I've been topping it off (75w90 gear oil) to prevent excess wear. The sunroof is missing its seal, so it's noisy, but it does NOT leak water into the interior. The drains work fine. No rear trunk lock. The internal release works, but the lock was broken and jammed when I got the car. I removed the lock (and still have it) to try and source a replacement, but I haven't found one.

I can also provide an extra set of wheels with dead Azenis on them if you're interested. Asking $1000. Awesome Challenge car! I'm driving it in Mass. right now, but returning it to Maine in a couple of days to sell there. Maine inspection good through March, 2012.

Pics are from a few days ago. The car is over 178k now, and is still being driven regularly.

Mazdax605
Mazdax605 Dork
5/17/11 10:09 a.m.

Where in MA are you?

NGTD
NGTD HalfDork
5/17/11 11:44 a.m.

That would make a hella good rally-X car.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
5/17/11 1:50 p.m.

It's a good thing my plane ticket for the Factory Five open house is round trip. That would be a great rallycross rig.

Good luck with the sale!

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
5/17/11 2:06 p.m.

I'm in Berlin, MA, but will be taking the car to my former residence in Augusta, ME when I take delivery of my "new" Miata (the one in Josh's avatar pic). My main concern is passing MA inspection due to the encroaching rust, which isn't an issue in Maine - or for off-road use...

The SR20's oilpan hangs a bit low for my taste for rallycross, but a good skidplate would take care of that. Plus you don't have to worry about messing up the perfect paint, since it isn't!

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
5/20/11 8:05 a.m.

The car's in Maine, posting on Craigslist and Uncle Henry's on Monday. When I posted my SW2 there it was sold in 24 hours and out of my driveway in 48. Act now while supplies last!

I'll throw in the Haynes manual I found under the driver's seat.

SilverFleet
SilverFleet HalfDork
5/20/11 10:32 a.m.

If I had room in the driveway and money, I would be all over this. I love those.

Josh
Josh Dork
5/20/11 10:57 a.m.

Ha, yeah I guess I finally need to change my avatar now. It was a white SE-R before I switched it to the Miata :).

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
5/20/11 11:41 a.m.

Josh, mind if I steal your avatar? :)

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette Dork
5/21/11 1:59 p.m.

Nice Sentra

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
5/25/11 9:26 a.m.

Posted on Craigslist and Uncle Henry's. The floodgates are open!

White_and_Nerdy
White_and_Nerdy Reader
5/25/11 9:52 p.m.

Sold! Within a matter of hours. Guess I should've asked for more money.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
XtdpLMFlCVPJ1ZDg16BssrDsLBR1yRrXEU7uCzlhJqHIcH4JC4Ll3ZzlBXhxGfsJ