1 2
SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
2/12/09 3:29 p.m.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/cto/1032200051.html

Not mine, etc etc. I'm SUPER tempted but would literally be 100% broke if I bought it.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/12/09 3:34 p.m.

Thanks! Calling after work.

Goldmember
Goldmember New Reader
2/12/09 3:39 p.m.

Did he miss a zero? That thing looks clean! Great and tasteful list of mods, other than the 17"s. . .

EvanB
EvanB Reader
2/12/09 3:41 p.m.
93celicaGT2 wrote: Thanks! Calling after work.

Don't wait, call now!

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/12/09 4:02 p.m.

Cell isn't on me and i'll get crucified for making a personal call on my company phone.

Might be worth the crucifiction, though.

captainzib
captainzib Reader
2/12/09 4:21 p.m.

I wish I had an infinite amount of space to store project cars.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/12/09 4:27 p.m.

I'm hoping i can sweet talk the guy into letting me come get it next weekend.... this weekend is shot. Stupid V-day.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
2/12/09 4:59 p.m.

It was a prank, the guy is not selling it

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
2/12/09 5:37 p.m.

hope y'all wrote down the number! flagged for removal.

Andy_Gvr4
Andy_Gvr4
2/12/09 5:44 p.m.

Hey guys. That was my car in the listing. It was a prank by someone (I know who) which resulted in me getting about 200 calls in 2hrs. If a gvr4 was for sale for $800 I would have called too!

It is my car though and I appreciate the complements. It has a few more mods going on now. 56-trim PTE turbo, map conversion, antilag and meth. If I was selling it, then yes...it would have an extra zero. I joined to clear this up but maybe I'll hang around for a while. Thanks and sorry about getting your hopes up.

Nashco
Nashco SuperDork
2/12/09 5:51 p.m.

Alright, you drive a hard bargain. I'll give you a grand for it, cash.

Bryce

Andy_Gvr4
Andy_Gvr4 New Reader
2/12/09 5:56 p.m.

Hmmmm...

Nope.

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
2/12/09 6:05 p.m.

Hey Andy, I called and told you about this site, welcome and very cool car bro

Steve

Andy_Gvr4
Andy_Gvr4 New Reader
2/12/09 6:09 p.m.

Thanks. Sorry if I sounded frustrated on the phone.

sachilles
sachilles Reader
2/13/09 11:08 a.m.

So how can we help you get your "friends" back for this little prank?

sachilles
sachilles Reader
2/13/09 11:12 a.m.

oh I know.

Tell your friends, someone actually offered you $8000, so you decided to the take the offer. Then hide the car, like you sold it. Later, call them pissed off, saying you got scammed as the the buyers check bounced.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/13/09 11:23 a.m.
Andy_Gvr4 wrote: Hey guys. That was my car in the listing. It was a prank by someone (I know who) which resulted in me getting about 200 calls in 2hrs. If a gvr4 was for sale for $800 I would have called too! It is my car though and I appreciate the complements. It has a few more mods going on now. 56-trim PTE turbo, map conversion, antilag and meth. If I was selling it, then yes...it would have an extra zero. I joined to clear this up but maybe I'll hang around for a while. Thanks and sorry about getting your hopes up.

Please do hang around! Sorry bout the call.

jwdmotorsports
jwdmotorsports Reader
2/13/09 11:32 a.m.

Put your car in the reader's rides section so we can all see it. The ad was gone by the time I saw the thread.

willy19592
willy19592 New Reader
2/13/09 3:02 p.m.

And I live In Racine, I was gonna offer to help anyone get the car ;)

aussiesmg
aussiesmg Dork
2/13/09 3:15 p.m.

Andy we will do whatever to get those "friends" paid back and good

Andy_Gvr4
Andy_Gvr4 New Reader
2/13/09 3:17 p.m.

Willy19592, what do you drive or race? I am always up for meeting with some local car enthusiasts.

I'll put the car in the readers ride section after its overhaul is complete this spring. As for getting back at my friends, I am just going to play it cool for a while because I am sure they are expecting a retaliation. After a good amount of time then I'll strike with a prank of epic proportions (haven't thought of it yet). Any ideas

On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone else here have a vr4? Anybody track one of these cars?

captainzib
captainzib Reader
2/13/09 3:18 p.m.

I have a 1Gb that I've taken to the Shootout. Pic and link to more should be in my profile.

I consider 1Gs to be 2 door versions of the GVR-4.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/13/09 3:24 p.m.
Andy_Gvr4 wrote: Willy19592, what do you drive or race? I am always up for meeting with some local car enthusiasts. I'll put the car in the readers ride section after its overhaul is complete this spring. As for getting back at my friends, I am just going to play it cool for a while because I am sure they are expecting a retaliation. After a good amount of time then I'll strike with a prank of epic proportions (haven't thought of it yet). Any ideas On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone else here have a vr4? Anybody track one of these cars?

I think there's a guy on here that Rallycrosses his.... don't know of any track racers.

I could see the appeal of that, though. I worked on one two summers ago for a few weeks and it was hilarious how fast it got with bolt ons. 4-door sedan squatting hard enough in 2nd gear to drag it's tailpipe = priceless.

My personal Trifecta vs. the Grassroots of Miata/P71/E30 is a Celica AllTrac/GVR4/MR2 Turbo.

Andy_Gvr4
Andy_Gvr4 New Reader
2/13/09 3:25 p.m.
captainzib wrote: I have a 1Gb that I've taken to the Shootout. Pic and link to more should be in my profile. I consider 1Gs to be 2 door versions of the GVR-4.

Nice 1g. I had a couple 1g's but nothing as nice as yours. Nice 1g's are hard to come by. +1 on the shootout, its a good time.

93celicaGT2
93celicaGT2 HalfDork
2/13/09 3:30 p.m.

Here ya go:

http://grassrootsmotorsports.com/reader-rides/151/

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
hTXl3XCvBOnkeHv0Nd59ivPQnHlvgbQzcgOppkg5rXXTOynezmcisgR1s9cez5em