1 2
sachilles
sachilles Reader
2/13/09 4:34 p.m.

We have one in our club that tracks/hillclimbs a vr4. Super nice guy. It does pretty well.

93gsxturbo
93gsxturbo Reader
2/13/09 11:26 p.m.

I had #909/1000 on two separate occasions.

willy19592
willy19592 New Reader
2/14/09 1:17 a.m.
Andy_Gvr4 wrote: Willy19592, what do you drive or race? I am always up for meeting with some local car enthusiasts. I'll put the car in the readers ride section after its overhaul is complete this spring. As for getting back at my friends, I am just going to play it cool for a while because I am sure they are expecting a retaliation. After a good amount of time then I'll strike with a prank of epic proportions (haven't thought of it yet). Any ideas On a somewhat unrelated note, does anyone else here have a vr4? Anybody track one of these cars?

Andy I race spec Miata (93) have an street/ax miata (94) have a restored 1959 Bugeye sprite

and the DD is a 2008 Tundra

My Son and I have a shop by the unified school offices, and we part out Miata's to support our hobbies, we will be there all weekend getting some Mg parts ready for a swap meet next weekend

Dan G
Dan G Dork
2/14/09 2:19 a.m.

Can I threadjack this DSM love fest and ask if anyone has a line on a decent used head?

The head on my 4G63 got angry after a timing belt snapped. I've been trying to get the right access to what I think are the DSM forums/classifieds, but must be missing the bulk of them.

I'm in SoCal, but I guess I could pay for shipping if anyone knows of a good deal.

Thanks!

/threadjack

fastasleep
fastasleep New Reader
2/14/09 8:04 a.m.
Dan G wrote: Can I threadjack this DSM love fest and ask if anyone has a line on a decent used head? The head on my 4G63 got angry after a timing belt snapped. I've been trying to get the right access to what I think are the DSM forums/classifieds, but must be missing the bulk of them. I'm in SoCal, but I guess I could pay for shipping if anyone knows of a good deal. Thanks! /threadjack

Maybe, let me look. Do you need a 1G cylinder head or a 2G cylinder head? No CAS in a 2G.

-Les

Dan G
Dan G Dork
2/14/09 10:26 a.m.

Oh my bad. 1G. Its for this bad boy...

I heard it doesn't matter if its a turbo or non-turbo head, but I need some turbo valves too. Not all of them, but makes sense to look for a turbo head. I don't need cams, mine are still fine.

Andy_Gvr4
Andy_Gvr4 New Reader
2/14/09 4:07 p.m.
93gsxturbo wrote: I had #909/1000 on two separate occasions.

I know you, I think.

DSM Elitist Prick
DSM Elitist Prick New Reader
2/24/09 12:59 a.m.

<------1232/2000

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago HalfDork
2/24/09 3:16 a.m.
Dan G wrote: Oh my bad. 1G. Its for this bad boy... I heard it doesn't matter if its a turbo or non-turbo head, but I need some turbo valves too. Not all of them, but makes sense to look for a turbo head. I don't need cams, mine are still fine.

That's quite the bumper, is that a LeMons car?

thatsnowinnebago
thatsnowinnebago HalfDork
2/24/09 3:17 a.m.

wait that looks much too nice for that and you're trying to fix it so it can't be. It's late and I'm dumb. I still want to know what you race it in though.

4g63t
4g63t Reader
3/1/09 2:40 p.m.

You've seen a Belize Green 191,000 mile stocker, right. That would be mine.

Dan G
Dan G Dork
3/1/09 5:08 p.m.

Yes thats a lemons car, that was a pre-race photo. We had some tranny linkage issues that left us bouncing off the limiters around the high speed corners. I think that helped snap the timing belt.

Slapping a $100 used head on a fully built and raceable lemons car <<<<<<<<<< less work than building a new one!

More pickatures

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
GJ8cXsUnYl6dY9eEfWFNrf8XpE0Xg6l1rlvbjs1gYTJj9wVOtYFvtN6Gjs2n6OKO