captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
4/16/21 9:18 p.m.

I agreed to purchase a set of 4 RX7 injectors for $90, the seller inadvertently send me 3 RX7 injectors and a BPT injector. 

Upon realizing his error, before I had received them, he contacted me and said, enjoy the free BPT injectors and shipped the 3 other BPT injectors and the 4th RX7 injector. I inquired as to if you would like the BPT injectors sent back, And he responded saying that they'd been sitting for a while and that he would never use them. 

So my question is, are the RX7 injectors $90 as intended when the purchase terms were agreed upon and BPT injectors free, or is each set now $45

wvumtnbkr
wvumtnbkr PowerDork
4/16/21 9:50 p.m.

I didn't realize there was any value in old rx7 injectors.  

I have thrown a bunch of them away.  

Basically, since the rx8 injectors are darn near a drop in replacement and are WAY better, the rx7 ones seem to be about worthless.

However,  I think the answer to your inquiry is whatever fmv is for those other injectors.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/17/21 12:00 p.m.

I think the free injectors are free because it seems the seller would have done that to anyone he messed up with. But I can also see the argument that you wouldn't have gotten them free without the $90 purchase. The more I think I would count them as $45 or the whole package as $90 and sell the RX7 for recoup. 

4/17/21 12:11 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

That's where it gets interesting or muddy, depending upon how you look at it. The RX7 injectors are plug and play on BP motors and are rated at 460cc and will support around 240hp on pump the black top BPT injectors are 360cc and will support around 200hp on pump. 

I actually have a potential use for the blacktops if running a naturally aspirated E85 setup on a BP. Would I have bought them on my own for this purpose, no, but as they have come to be and with the amount of GM flex fuel sensors available in yards, why the heck not. Reality is that it's not likely that I'd see north of 145whp with an exhaust cam swap, 4-1 header, exhaust, E85, and speedino, but it should make for a fun setup, especially to compare against a turbo setup on the same engine in the same chassis. 

Also, my intend was that I was purchasing the RX7 injectors. The BPT ones are the ones that have been sent in addition. 

I am kind of of the mindset that for as long as only one set of the injectors is being utilized, regardless of what set it is, that it's $90 towards budget. But once I install the second set on the other car, then it becomes a question of whether the RX7 injectors are $90 with a $45 recoup and the BPT injectors are $45, or if the RX7 injectors are $90 with no recoup and the BPT injectors are exempt/free from budget with things having been documented. 

The entire situation with regards to the transaction is just totally something to chalk up to things that I would never expect to have occur and I always get a laugh at how budget rules, no matter how straightforward, always end up with strange circumstances.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
4/17/21 12:25 p.m.

In reply to captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

I mean I'm not going to protest you either way as long as an adult beverage finds it's way to my hand at the hotel. 

4/17/21 12:30 p.m.

In reply to wvumtnbkr :

The purple top are RX8 injectors are definitely better. The spray pattern and idle are significantly better (they'll idle better than stock tbh) and they flow 460cc, the yellow tops flow between 320-360cc and work well for conservative boost levels that will also preserve G series gearboxes. If paying a tuner, the rx8 injectors will pay for themselves as you can spend 2-3 hours tuning idle on the old style ones, but if melting the pistons yourself and not daily driving, the old ones work. 

4/17/21 12:31 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

laugh I would have no sense of professional pride if a bottle of rye wasn't provided for the bar. 

maschinenbau
maschinenbau UltraDork
4/18/21 8:37 a.m.

You got 8 injectors for $90 is how I see it. 

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
4/18/21 9:13 a.m.
maschinenbau said:

This is how I see it. Use whichever set works best regardless of which set you intended to buy and use.

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/18/21 9:20 a.m.
DeadSkunk (Warren) said:
maschinenbau said:

This is how I see it. Use whichever set works best regardless of which set you intended to buy and use.

Indeed. So $11.25 each for the 4 you use, unless you use recoup to get that number lower.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
0RmTbLdJylxNGdrWWG77lNbhTCmcm9VWradilzwRzxRN7R7tYraFqKrLm7cF79Oi