Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/23/19 1:48 p.m.

Here's a complete breakdown of what it will take to earn 12 points in the concours this year:

https://2000challenge.com/12point-concours-example

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/23/19 2:35 p.m.

Aw, I was hoping I could get all 25 points just by having extra chutzpah. laugh

Would it be permitted to take a "don't judge me" 12 but to have the judges give me a mock grade to satisfy my curiousity? Or would that be a waste of time?

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/23/19 2:47 p.m.

In addition to the 12 point reference car, it was said a while back that there would be a list of questions that judges would ask. Since we have been developing our Concourse presentations, is that list of questions available yet? Is it mandatory that we followed that format?

Tom Suddard
9/23/19 2:51 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

Yes, it's right here. They aren't mandatory.

https://2000challenge.com/downloads

hobiercr
hobiercr SuperDork
9/23/19 2:58 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Judging last year we had ~5-7 minutes per car. That is not a lot of time. The "take the 12" cars really help give the judges more time to analyze the cars that put in the time. If you want feedback, wait until all the judging is done and then ask maybe one or two of the judges to go over your car with you. Bribery with cookies, cool drinks, and a chair may be helpful.

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/23/19 3:02 p.m.

In reply to Tom Suddard :

I have not seen that previously. Thank you Tom.

slowbird
slowbird HalfDork
9/23/19 3:04 p.m.

In reply to hobiercr :

Okay, cool. It's no big deal if there's no time for it, and I think my car is probably about a 7 regardless. But my Lego replica of it is definitely at least an 11. laugh

Keith Tanner
Keith Tanner MegaDork
9/23/19 3:17 p.m.

Maybe you should enter the Lego version in the concours and say that you have a full size replica.

Tom Suddard
9/23/19 3:22 p.m.

In reply to slowbird :

Yeah, sorry, but the judges are already pressed for time just getting through the judged competition. I'm sure they'd be happy to go over your car with you afterwards, though.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
9/23/19 3:48 p.m.

Thank you!  This reinforces my decision to go with “Don’t judge me” this year.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
C3TDVVLXTXgJi01g197wpTIA0M709sd1q6BFg9aWEAKwaaXHh4wFb1Vlas20KIn5