1 2
03Panther
03Panther UberDork
3/3/22 9:14 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Sometimes he asks a question honestly looking for a clarification... sometimes it's just to stir up controversy. Very hard to tell the difference 

Either way, he talks around any answers he gets, till everything gets muddled up. 
But in his defense, he has done a bit better in trying to build a challenge type car. Except when he decides it not. Or it'll be over budget, but still trying for a budget - or not; or will be built for non challenge. Or... 

He does seem to be trying, at least. This one sure confused me, though. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/3/22 1:03 p.m.
frenchyd said:

You've got the home court advantage  plus plenty of experiance..  but if the Jag goes down to Florida will you come up to Wisconsin and runwheel to  wheel at Elkhart Lake ?

There is no home court advantage. You're now saying that you're building a Challenge car. Great so am I. Guess we'll have to race each other in Gainesville, FL since that's where the Challenge is located. When the Challenge moves to Elkhart Lake I'll be there too.

So I sense that you're afraid of a bet. I understand I wouldn't want to lose to me either. How about we make the bet low risk. In fact pride not money. If your Jaguar V12 beats me at the Challenge in overall score I'll change my signature here to say "I love Jaguar V12" for a year until the next Challenge. If my car beats your Jaguar V12 in overall score your signature has to say "I love BBC" for a year until the next Challenge.

Bet?

B13Birk
B13Birk HalfDork
3/4/22 8:26 a.m.
Stampie said:
frenchyd said:

You've got the home court advantage  plus plenty of experiance..  but if the Jag goes down to Florida will you come up to Wisconsin and runwheel to  wheel at Elkhart Lake ?

There is no home court advantage. You're now saying that you're building a Challenge car. Great so am I. Guess we'll have to race each other in Gainesville, FL since that's where the Challenge is located. When the Challenge moves to Elkhart Lake I'll be there too.

So I sense that you're afraid of a bet. I understand I wouldn't want to lose to me either. How about we make the bet low risk. In fact pride not money. If your Jaguar V12 beats me at the Challenge in overall score I'll change my signature here to say "I love Jaguar V12" for a year until the next Challenge. If my car beats your Jaguar V12 in overall score your signature has to say "I love BBC" for a year until the next Challenge.

Bet?

This is absolutely the best solution to this western standoff. Love it.

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/4/22 1:48 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

Wow talk about put up or shut up. If I had known offering a little bet would keep you off a thread for over 24 hours then I would have done it a long time ago.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/5/22 6:07 a.m.

Stampie. Please don't be so nasty.. maybe you think you're being funny but I assure you you are not. 
  I thought long and hard about just ignoring you but maybe you  were never taught to be polite and respectful to others?  
   As I said The Jag is available for my partners to take down to Florida.   You have no reason to fear it. It's not prepared for either Autocross  or drag racing, rather Vintage racing within the Challenge budget.  

I do hope you come up to Elkhart Lake  I'll do my level best to make you feel welcome and provide you with any guidance and help you need. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/5/22 7:39 a.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

So no bet. I'm a E36 M3 talker. If someone talks E36 M3 to me then I'll talk it back. Nothing personal in it.

Captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/6/22 1:12 p.m.

Good natured E36 M3 talking with Stampie was one of my most favorite parts of sending my car down and being involved, albeit remotely, with the challenge this past year. Beating the Buick in the dynamic portion of the competition, but losing to it overall after concourse, made for quite engaging banter. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/6/22 1:19 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Barely beating the Buick in dynamic. 

3/6/22 1:43 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/6/22 2:57 p.m.

In reply to Captdownshift (Forum Supporter) :

Ok now that I'm home and have the results in front of me let's break this down.

Autocross                  Drags                Dynamic        Concours         Overall

Zebra Butt Racing                           60.08                         16.641                83.591            14.25                97.841 25th place

Ad Lib Racing                                   59.561                       16.908               83.867            11.25                 95.117 30th place

So as you can see you beat us in Autocross by almost half a second.  Congrats you barely beat a freaking 1985 Buick Riviera in handling.  But then we get to the drags.  You with a curb weight of 2216lbs lost to a freaking 1985 Buick Riviera with a curb weight of 3858lbs.  Good job in the dynamic portion in being 0.276% faster than a freaking 1985 Buick Riviera.  Unfortunately for you that's only 2/3ths of the Challenge.  We're now at Concours.  I would quote the rules for Concours but it basically comes down to how cool the car is.  The judges determined that you were only 78.9% as cool as a freaking 1985 Buick Riviera.  As you can see you really are 5th in line to be able to talk E36 M3 about almost beating a freaking 1985 Buick Riviera in overall.

So when you're old and telling your grandkids stories of the cool race car you built during the Covid years pause before you tell them that you almost beat a freaking 1985 Buick Riviera.  Maybe you'll be lucky and they'll grow up to be doctors and lawyers and won't have a clue about physics.  Maybe by then there won't be any pictures left of a 1985 Buick Riviera so that you won't have to explain how one was so much cooler than your race car.  Or maybe you should just never mention that you lost to a freaking 1985 Buick Riviera.

3/6/22 3:56 p.m.

:laugh:

Look there's no way that your concourse score wasn't without bias, you literally purchased the vehicle from the person who writes the rules for the event. I wasn't going to protest over 28th place though. (and personal luxury coupes are pretty sweet looking in a "I still would never want to own one" sort of way. 

3/6/22 3:57 p.m.

(also, you see Frenchy? This is how you do it) 

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/6/22 4:54 p.m.

I understand what you're saying. However I fail to see the good nature part of it. frankly  Stampie's trash talking is turning me off   He's repeatedly said he was going after my costs line by line   Luckily I had to keep my business records when I built my trailers so I'll have receipts of my fiberglass  costs  ( good luck guessing which roll or package, can or bottle came from 1979, 1984, 1987 etc. )   But I don't have receipts going back 50 + years for every fastener, roll of wire, etc  so Fair market value based on what volume?   

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/6/22 5:01 p.m.

Then there is rules that can force me to take my engine apart for $50.     He commented along those lines when I suggested bringing a spare engine and transmission  along because it's the surest way I know never to need a spare. 
      Heck I know none of the engines I have now are anything but stock but being forced to pull one apart to prove it?  Uncool. 

I understand trash talk. But it's different when an official has the power to  ruin your fun.  And threatens as much. 
   I'll leave it up to the guys if they want to risk it.  I won't be there so maybe Stampie  won't give them grief. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/6/22 5:38 p.m.

In reply to frenchyd :

I'll part with this, at least I never was trying to turn you on.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
bf55FtK7vz3SYlcBIAVU1jMFDcooMqGrhk02n3tBNYkMOvJ66lEHk5EMnQK4V2wX