Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/22/12 10:49 p.m.

Awesome Challenge potential, or just a great engine trans for your project.

Bought this actually as a Lemons car on E-Bay, untitleable 1993 Lincoln Mark VIII. It was built on a bet by a circle track guy in Iowa. He replaced the airbags with coilovers, and it has some custom sway bars that need some fab work to finish. The interior is mostly gone. The back seat is there but he pulled the front seats. It had a Kirkey in it, but that has been liberated for our other Lemons car.

It runs and runs well. The track tires that are on it are pretty old and hard, but can hold air until you trailer it home. Nice snarly abbreviated duals under it, she snarls very nicely. Of course it is an auto, but it still scoots pretty quick. The builder did track it in Pacific Junction Iowa when it was still open, and embarrased a lot of high end cars. We did autocross it once;

It has more than enough power to be entertaining

...comes with this totally awesome sticker

The car is stored at my shop at our shop in Moore Oklahoma, about 45 minutes south of Oklahoma City. I can help load it, but can't deliver.

The power steering is out of it, so it is a bear at low speed. The body is a bit rough, and like I mentioned the interior is gone. It is not completely transformed into a track car. The plastic covers are gone from the engine and the tires are bad. But it gets started on a regular basis.

We were going to Lemons the car until we did a rough estimate of the gas consumption. Then I had very grand plans for this drivetrain for a challenge car, but again, Uncle Sam has made other plans and I will be unable to build anything, much less attend the challenge.

You could Lemons it very easy, just budget a lot for the gas. If you live in a liberal enough state, you could BABE the car. Or just gut the inside, lighten it up, come up with a theme and you have a real Challenge contender.

But this 280 hp beast could be yours. Or it could power your eVil creation for the low low price of just $600, which is actually less than we have into it after you figure the gas we spent to go get it.

I can be reached in this thread, or at evilmental at gmail dot com

Strike_Zero
Strike_Zero Dork
1/23/12 9:18 a.m.

- Glad this is FAR away from me . . . or I would be in trouble

DaveEstey
DaveEstey Dork
1/23/12 10:11 a.m.

I wonder if that engine would fit in a Miata...

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/23/12 1:58 p.m.
Strike_Zero wrote: - Glad this is FAR away from me . . . or I would be in trouble

Same.

ValuePack
ValuePack Dork
1/23/12 3:51 p.m.
DaveEstey wrote: I wonder if that engine would fit in a Miata...

[ENABLE]

The Toyota 1UZ seems to fit pretty well, not sure why this wouldn't.

[/ENABLE]

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/24/12 9:57 a.m.

As tempted as I am to say "Only one way to find out..." I don't think it will, that quad cam is very wide. But if you have a welder....

Ranger50
Ranger50 Dork
1/24/12 2:25 p.m.

If you can put a 4.6 4v in a Focus......

I don't see why not.

Javelin
Javelin SuperDork
1/24/12 4:58 p.m.
Ranger50 wrote:
If you can put a 4.6 4v in a Focus...... I don't see why not.

Focus was FWD and has a lot of space between the shock towers. The Miata is RWD and the compartment is too narrow for a 4.6 DOHC. Trust me, I measured (remember, I owned a black Lincoln MKVIII and a white 93 Miata at the same time).

RogerB
RogerB HalfDork
1/25/12 8:17 a.m.

I was wondering whatever happened to that thing. That is TOO close to me, and I actually could afford it. Of course, I would be divorced and/or dead.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/25/12 5:50 p.m.
RogerB wrote: I was wondering whatever happened to that thing. That is TOO close to me, and I actually could afford it. Of course, I would be divorced and/or dead.

We can deliver it to you.

Make the Cougar replacement a truck, get a trailer and voilia, no more beating up the DD as a track toy.

Divorced? "Babe, I did this to help us. See, no more wear and tear on our street cars, and with this full size truck/SUV, if I get T-Boned again, you know the kids and I will be safe. Plus, now the kids can actually get a turn behind the wheel in a cotrolled enviroment before we send them out unarmed into this crazy world, and they can learn to fix a few things. I did this becuase I love you."

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/26/12 7:04 a.m.

Why is it untitleable?

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/26/12 9:49 a.m.

I honestly don't know. Thats what the guy told us in Iowa and we just didn't pursue it. He was a fairly reputable with an actual shop with a large cache of race cars so I don't suspect any foul play.

In Colorado, one the vin number was turned over to a liscenced scrapper or recycle yard, you could never title that car again. maybe some deal like that.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/26/12 10:29 a.m.

OK.

Mental
Mental SuperDork
1/27/12 1:40 p.m.

it would appear this car is sold.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/30/12 5:31 a.m.

Bless you.