Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
9/30/19 12:35 p.m.

Since I'm a newb to both drag racing and nitrous - who has a recommendation for a fire jacket?

I think it's required in nhra rules with nitrous. I also think it might be a good idea anyway.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/30/19 1:02 p.m.

Summit racing one was personal budget friendly and fits well based on t shirt size

Also yes, and my local track won’t tech you without the jacket 

just checked, $59.99

maschinenbau
maschinenbau SuperDork
9/30/19 1:15 p.m.

Get the pants too while you're at it. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
9/30/19 1:56 p.m.

So after you run you can take off your pants and jacket

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
9/30/19 2:04 p.m.

I have jim pierces (ovid and flem) firesuit here, along with mine. I'll follow the spirit of him, and offer it to anyone that needs to borrow one at the challenge.

He was a BIG man. I'm 5'9 and 230lbs and its loose on me. I think he was 6'5. 

jfryjfry
jfryjfry Dork
9/30/19 8:09 p.m.

*tear*  I never met the man and have never attended a challenge but I miss him.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
9/30/19 8:14 p.m.

In reply to jfryjfry :

Yesterday I was telling my mom about $2016 Challenge bar build. We showed up at the hotel with debris from whatever hurricane hit us that year. I'm in mid bar build with skill saw going and busy building the bar top. Jim wandered over with his beer in hand and sat down at the half finished bar. He just sat there enjoying his beer while I built the bar around him. He'll always be missed. 

Robbie
Robbie UltimaDork
10/11/19 11:27 a.m.

Well I sprung for the extra $9 and got a full suit. $68.38, and it just came in the mail yesterday (shipping is free with orders over $50 at summit). Fits great. I also went ahead and got gloves and a balaclava, since I thought about parts of my body that I would enjoy having burns on in case something stupid happens and couldn't think of any. I have some shoes from way back in my chump racing days, I dunno what happened to my old fire suit. Maybe I loaned it out and never got it back. Or maybe I lost it in a move. Oh well. I have a new one now. 

Thanks for the advice all!

bigben
bigben Reader
10/14/19 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I may take you up on borrowing it for the drags. I'm running a factory turbo engine but in a different car. So I think that means a fire jacket is required.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
S09aumLmftfoTQ7eWExOONcdWs5MZ1cQDHnZWOgLHVpGpv6FWtij1iEAI8gQaL7e