preach (fs)
preach (fs) Dork
10/27/21 2:51 p.m.

I look forward to the debrief as well when you are ready.

solfly
solfly Dork
10/27/21 6:26 p.m.
nocones said:

TLDR: Nocones is building a challenge car.  Expect it to fail spectacularly. 

From the first post.

SVreX (Forum Supporter)
SVreX (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/28/21 2:28 p.m.

This car went from being abandoned at a storage facility, to spending way too much time in my shop doing nothing, to hanging from your rafters as ceiling art....

..to Challenge glory!

I'm so excited for you!!  Fantastic job!!

Recon1342
Recon1342 Dork
10/28/21 9:35 p.m.

Well done, sir! Cannot wait to see it evolve next year!

nocones
nocones UberDork
10/29/21 9:40 a.m.

A lot of talking and minimal action video debrief is posted.  It includes a random autox run from inside the car.  I'll do more exterior shots and design details in a later video but I wanted to unload my stream of consciousness while it was fresh.  

So enjoy 15 min of me talking to see a 60 second ride along.

Thanks again for all the support.  It helps keep me motivated.  I'm itching to get back in the garage and get going on V2 for 2022.  

bobzilla
bobzilla MegaDork
10/29/21 9:52 a.m.

so much oversteer!

gumby
gumby Dork
10/29/21 5:15 p.m.

Fantastic, all around! How heavy is that target on your back? LMP360, with another year of development, is the car to beat in 2022. Hands down.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa PowerDork
10/29/21 6:02 p.m.

Gods, that ride along vid is excellent

mke
mke Dork
10/29/21 6:42 p.m.
Mr_Asa said:

Gods, that ride along vid is excellent

indeed...but it that thing living on the rev limiter 1/2 time or is that a sound thing?  If it spend that much time on the limiter I've got to believe there was another second or so to be had.

Well Done!  Very cool car!

NOHOME
NOHOME MegaDork
10/29/21 7:11 p.m.

When you figure out that rev limit thing,and a proper suspension tune,  this is going to be evil-fast. 

I also now know why the drag strip run looked and sounded the way it did since you seem to have pedaled it all the way.

Loved the build ever since the "You gonna do what with what?" start , right up to the arrival at the Challenge against all odds. 

Pete

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
10/29/21 7:33 p.m.

In reply to NOHOME :

I just want to take this opportunity to say that I used to always confuse nocones with NOHOME but now I got you two separated in my mind.

nocones
nocones UberDork
11/25/21 11:13 a.m.

I made one of those "full build in short time" videos.  It won't be new for those if you that have followed along but I did keep the budget live in the video which is fun.  

Also in preparation for this I reviewed the budget in great detail and found I had made a $45 mistake.  In the good direction.  Yay!

New York Nick
New York Nick HalfDork
11/25/21 11:48 a.m.

Again this is just amazing. The fab skills, the creativity, the documentation, videography. Totally amazing, so few people in the world could pull something off like this. Thanks again for taking us all along for the ride. 
Nick

DjGreggieP
DjGreggieP HalfDork
11/25/21 3:20 p.m.

Love this build and I am excited to see it further progress and evolve to the final product!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
11/25/21 5:47 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

I love the vid, it's great to see the continuity from inception to event, and the running budget tally was really cool. 

nocones
nocones UberDork
12/3/21 6:32 p.m.

So there hasn't been anything going on on the car for good reason.  Today I took it to my local Community College and did a "Guest Lecture" for their motorsports program with it and the MG.  In order to do that it needed to stay in 1 piece so I couldn't really start on any 2022 work.  That will change over the next few weeks and I hope to be fully into the swing by the first of the year.  

The lecture went well and the students seems impressed by the cars and asked lots of good questions.  I rambled a bit because that's what I do but the instructor (who is building an amazing Turbo Kswap Renault Alliance GTA) thought it went well.  Here are some pictures of the two cars in their fantastic instructional facility. 

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
12/3/21 6:36 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

You made Tiktok.  Lil Stampie came up to me around 4:30 today and said look what came up on Tiktok!  I guess one of the students recorded it.

nocones
nocones UberDork
12/3/21 7:13 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Lol I have no idea what to even do with that..  I wonder what they recorded. Hope it was neato!

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
12/3/21 7:51 p.m.

In reply to nocones :

Did you drive the MG there, or take 2 trips with the trailer?

nocones
nocones UberDork
12/3/21 7:52 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) :

There was a second trailer but I may drive it home.  

New York Nick
New York Nick HalfDork
12/3/21 8:01 p.m.

It's great that your getting to inspire some students. They will remember that forever and it will influence many of them for a long time. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/3/21 8:56 p.m.

Can you link how/what you did for the mg flares? I need to copy them....

nocones
nocones UberDork
12/3/21 9:52 p.m.

In reply to Dusterbd13-michael :

I warn you .  The pictures are Photobucket..  but the metal flares are Here - Nocones Metal Flares

Also OMG they looked so shiny back in the day. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
12/4/21 7:36 a.m.

In reply to nocones :

Thank you sir! That method makes a lot of sense. 

preach (dudeist priest)
preach (dudeist priest) Dork
12/4/21 8:41 a.m.

Pretty cool. Great shoot for the cars and I guaran-berkeleying-tee you inspired the kids.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
iENbZ0jrqphXIaXfSM8NlxT44EWBm7lgOcZurFwVqs2rl0Yv6lHA1L76Y7YThLYb