1 2 3 4 5
iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/23/20 9:41 a.m.

Oh snap. That's some decent flame. How much damage was there?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
9/23/20 9:43 a.m.

In reply to iansane (Forum Supporter) :

Luckily none, that i could see. it was this big for about 2 seconds max before we got it out. some loomming on one of the wires was melted back but the wires themselves were ok, and there may be 1 vacuum hose that needs to be replaced. other than that it looks to be fine. Could have been A LOT worse. 

iansane (Forum Supporter)
iansane (Forum Supporter) Reader
9/23/20 11:00 a.m.

When I first did the LS swap on my trans am somehow I forgot a decent ground strap from the engine and after one or two bumps with the starter I saw smoke from the back of the engine. There was only one ground on the entire engine. A small 1/8" braided strap with some tiny 6mm eyelets on it. That thing was glowing like the sun. Scared the E36 M3 out of me! I wouldn't want to see actual flames! At least there shouldnt' be much damage.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
9/23/20 11:12 a.m.

In reply to iansane (Forum Supporter) :

Dang thats crazy! Yea flames are scary. I only like to see them from my downpipe or out of the exhaust! Lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/1/20 2:26 p.m.

Well my budget exempt tire set of choice this year was a set of near full rubber hoosier a7 that i got for 400 shipped to my door. 

Using last year as a lessons learned, i quickly found out i needed an aggressive tire to compete in the auto x. Well this year i plan to come in hot! 

cruisermatt
cruisermatt New Reader
10/1/20 4:16 p.m.

Are you going to OSW to test at all? Hopefully going to have our crap ready to for Test & tune sunday, hope it doesn't rain.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/1/20 7:03 p.m.
cruisermatt said:

Are you going to OSW to test at all? Hopefully going to have our crap ready to for Test & tune sunday, hope it doesn't rain.

I would love to see the track sometime next week. Depends on how tomorrow and saturday go. I didnt know i had fellow members so close. Feel free to come by and hang out. 

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UberDork
10/1/20 7:46 p.m.
surfshibby07 said:

Well my budget exempt tire set of choice this year was a set of near full rubber hoosier a7 that i got for 400 shipped to my door. 

Using last year as a lessons learned, i quickly found out i needed an aggressive tire to compete in the auto x. Well this year i plan to come in hot! 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/2/20 4:39 a.m.

In reply to Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) :

Not sure what you wrote lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/2/20 4:20 p.m.

I have brake lights! And more importantly...

Brakes!

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/2/20 5:01 p.m.

I might have missed it but are you manually shifting the 400 or auto?

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/2/20 5:50 p.m.

In reply to Stampie (FS) :

Manually shifting it. I actually blipped it in first today and it felt pretty damn quick lol

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/2/20 6:00 p.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

I thought about you today when I saw an RX7 in the junkyard.  I noticed the cowl scoop first and although the drivetrain was gone, from the exhaust it was obvious it had a V8 before.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/2/20 9:53 p.m.

What exhausted have on it? I might be interesting and might have to make a drive…

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/2/20 10:13 p.m.

In reply to surfshibby07 :

Nothing special.  Looked like a 2.5 inch coming off both sides.  I did look and no LSD tag on the diff.  Four lug car.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/3/20 6:20 a.m.

Some.of those fc had a factory dual.exhaust, the 4 lug is a sign of a worthless diff. I have a lsd now just under the turbo 2 diff which would be the best thing to have short of an 8.8 pumpkin.

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/3/20 9:44 a.m.

Big oof. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/3/20 5:37 p.m.

Some modifications required...

Also this mirror seems fitting. The decal was on it when i bought the car, but im just now installing them lol

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/4/20 2:37 p.m.

Today was a good day. The car seemed to fight in the beginning but so far so good on making strides towards completion. 

The alternator is now charging and that is done. The coil overs are adjusted ride height wise and now its a matter of tweaking the dampening settings. All of the running lights including headlights now work. The firewall is more or less done. And today i did a burnout/donut in the car. 

Its lack of weight is easy to feel as the car effortlessly souns the tires and is easy to control. Im beyond exited at this point. 

gumby (Forum Supporter)
gumby (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
10/4/20 3:59 p.m.
surfshibby07 said:
And today i did a burnout/donut in the car. 

Video or it didn't happen

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/4/20 4:12 p.m.

Is it possible to post a video in here? 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/4/20 5:53 p.m.

Video of celebratory donut lol.

https://youtu.be/45InpZ8G9xw

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/6/20 4:40 p.m.

Got this takenoff for free.99 from a local exhaust shop. I specifically wanted a fart can for the ole radwood theme. Apparently these things are tossed out almost daily. Surprising imo. 

surfshibby07
surfshibby07 Reader
10/9/20 6:49 p.m.

Im coming to contend for an overall podium, butttttt i also love the radwood theme. 

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
10/9/20 7:40 p.m.

Awesome! I feel like I am at a car show in some jincos looking at mini trucks.

1 2 3 4 5

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
1rAvddxMs8axWZLawaduZnpkJtTjIp5md90idGpmxj3OgRAP9ERNVFwr49ZxeXOH