1 2 3 4
Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/2/19 7:31 a.m.

You’re dangerously close Richard, I ordered Plum Crazy Purple plastidip, because if Carli won’t let me get a purple scat pack charger I’m throwing it back at her with a purple golf cart.  

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
10/2/19 8:33 a.m.

Purple was actually my 2nd favorite color out of a whole bunch I tried:

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/3/19 8:29 p.m.

Relearning how to use my vinyl plotter software that i have not touched for 2 years is not fun.  The green came, white should be here soon, i promised my back I wasn’t mounting tires this weekend, and another friend passed away so we have services tomorrow evening.  

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/3/19 8:32 p.m.

Sorry about your friend. Man you've head a rough year. But a purple golf cart should help bring a smile. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/6/19 1:02 p.m.

Going all out 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/6/19 4:31 p.m.

Doing wheel things 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/7/19 7:25 a.m.

Those slk wheels were refinished, quite poorly, at some time before being sprayed with whatever ungodly coating the gray stuff is.  I think it's a combo of dip and being curbed then touched up with paint.  Wheel 1 in the picture i was all gung ho and put on my respirator, soaked a shirt in xylene, and let it sit.  A fee minutes later I got excited because it was bubbling.  Short lived as it ended up taking over an hour of scraping, where i got down through gray, then silver, then white, then filler on the original paint.  It was a mess and i threw it in the blast cabinet to clean out the lug holes and even out some spots.  

once finished with that wheel I remembered this is supposed to be fun, scuffed the horrible spots on number 2, and sprayed it.  Ten minutes.  It doesn't look an hour and a half worse.  Weapon of choice is rustoleum bedliner.  

also don't tell Carli about the golf cart on that Wednesday, she has no idea other than "Stampie is bringing a surprise for you" 

it's very strange "working" on a car i have not touched yet even if it is just mounting tires and cutting vinyl and collecting parts

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/7/19 8:29 a.m.

Why do I always take the blame?  I still remember that evil eye she gave me when she thought I'd brought another car to you. 

Dirtydog
Dirtydog Dork
10/7/19 8:50 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Maybe cuz UltimaDorkage = Ultima Enabler?

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/7/19 9:43 a.m.

In reply to Stampie :

She said "i'm sure it's not bad, he's a nice guy"

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/7/19 9:47 a.m.

In reply to Patrick :

You sure she wasn't talking about John?

John Welsh
John Welsh Mod Squad
10/7/19 10:48 a.m.
Stampie said:

In reply to Patrick :

You sure she wasn't talking about John?

Well, this looks like a good place for a formal announcement...

Yes, I will be there for this year's Challenge.  I will not be competing.  Driving down with Jonah (Dead Sled) in my Prius.  

Drive Weds to get close (like Columbia SC weds night) and the finish the rest Thurs morning.  Can swing past Jeremy's to pick up a car if needed since we will have 2 driver's in the car.  

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/7/19 11:07 a.m.

In reply to John Welsh :

I never even considered you wouldn't be there. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/7/19 8:00 p.m.

Making livery

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/11/19 7:24 a.m.

Another tire mounted, another wheel painted.  One more to paint, 2 more to mount, at this pace i'll have the 4th tire mounted sometime during concours

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/11/19 7:12 p.m.

Trailer lit with free led strips, barring rain I'm putting the awning on this weekend 

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/11/19 7:19 p.m.

In reply to Patrick :

That's one sexy rear end. 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/11/19 9:13 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

I almost thought to bring it back by swapping the $397 nitrous system for the $90 one i got to make up for the added expense of heads/cam and the $40 sm7 for the $300 tires it had, but I didn't want to repeat myself 

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/12/19 6:35 p.m.

Last 2 dismounted/painted/mounted.  

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/13/19 4:05 p.m.

I can see the floor of the truck bed again

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/13/19 5:52 p.m.

Whew.  

gumby
gumby Reader
10/13/19 8:55 p.m.

Look at all that sexy rubber!

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/14/19 9:01 a.m.

In the interest of not being effed in a parking lot, ordered plug wires

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
10/16/19 10:34 a.m.

So cart:  paint, lift, inverter, lights, flares, back seat, wheels

car:  plugs, wires, one coil, wheels, wheel studs, nitrous, stickers, belt, oil cooler seals.  

hope I'm not forgetting anything.  

note to self, go to harbor freight and get the external torx because i read the tensioner uses them.

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
10/16/19 11:50 a.m.

Did you put the transfer case in there?

1 2 3 4

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
7oTnxHJAxyVONGyFdUroQld0wGuQOMqcNlHikPMmA8J6v6S802PTQYHAHnWoVbOs