SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
8/21/11 10:09 a.m.

I picked up a 1987 535i last week to grab some parts from for my euro E28. It's Bronzit with beige interior. Was a good runner prior to some ECU issues, then parked for ~2 years. Mechanic's lien on the title, so it's not worth saving. Lots of good stuff; all I need is core support sheetmetal and a few odd little things, so there's basically a complete car to be parted here. I'll get pics up Tuesday. Let me know if you need anything. It's an M30B34/5-speed car, pretty clean body, nice interior.

IF YOU INTEND TO CHALLENGE I WILL MAKE YOU A HECK OF A DEAL ON THE DRIVETRAIN! Great candidate for MS'ing considering the ECU issues, but I also don't know the source of the issues and don't care to investigate because I don't need that stuff.

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
8/21/11 10:35 a.m.

I suppose this could be a Challenge/Lemons car too, if you can get creative with not having a radiator core support. Or you can have the tweaked one from my euro car if you want. The other stuff I need is non-essential for a race car.

I suppose I would let the whole car go for $400obo if I can get the stuff I need off of it and send it along.

Luke
Luke SuperDork
8/21/11 9:15 p.m.

I could use the shifter boot, if it's not torn.

Also, don't suppose it has the 3-spoke 'M' steering wheel by any chance? (also supposing Int'l shipping isn't a huge PITA.)

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Reader
8/22/11 11:42 a.m.

would you make challenge friendly price on the 5 speed? we are shooting for lemons with a 535 and that car has no 4th gear right now! i'd need it shipped to 30316......

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
8/22/11 12:10 p.m.

If you want to arrange the freight I can make it happen, but I lack the ability to do a whole lot more than put it on a pallet and get it ready to ship...I can't exactly take a 190lb transmission down to my local UPS and tell them to box it up

itsarebuild
itsarebuild Reader
8/22/11 1:38 p.m.
SlickDizzy wrote: If you want to arrange the freight I can make it happen, but I lack the ability to do a whole lot more than put it on a pallet and get it ready to ship...I can't exactly take a 190lb transmission down to my local UPS and tell them to box it up

i understand. i've done it and it isnt very fun at all. unfortunately a residential door pick up for a trucking company is usually $100 right there before the rest of the shipping cost even starts so i think that would be too much for me to afford. is there any chance you could bring the pallet to a transfer station? i understand if the answer is no...... it is a huge PITA.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oX8TxLrAmEDD2rA8aDioye4J0YjUOmoZMF549M8mpTWGBvjUWXkhucwe2cmMB9Ec