1 2
DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/12/15 6:32 a.m.

Dang. I'll say this, that's pretty tough on us here. Pop in, talk about a good deal on a car, no pics, then disappear only to come back and say it is sold. Glad you sold it though.

JohnRW1621
JohnRW1621 UltimaDork
7/12/15 7:54 a.m.

Wow, how'd I miss this one?

Craigloveswagons
Craigloveswagons New Reader
7/12/15 9:50 a.m.

I'm local and a PM was sent with my phone number and got no reply.

Mark57
Mark57 New Reader
7/12/15 9:52 a.m.

Guess I was one of the lucky ones, received pic's, responded with a phone call within 15 min, made arrangements to go see it today (first day he was available) and received an email last night stating someone from canada put a deposit on it.... What happened to the common courtesy of a quick phone call asking if I wanted to put a deposit on it to hold it ? Oh well, guess it wasn't meant to stay in Ohio

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/12/15 2:13 p.m.

Wow. No love for the GRM folks.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Dork
7/12/15 4:03 p.m.

In reply to DrBoost:

That stinks. Never heard back either. Hopefully someone here got it

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
7/12/15 8:36 p.m.

Me too

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/12/15 8:56 p.m.

I've posted cars for sale on multiple forums in the past. I keep those threads updated and answer any questions or requests for more pics.
In the end, it's not a big deal.

paulporsche928
paulporsche928 New Reader
7/13/15 9:39 a.m.

You guys are brutal. I have never posted on a forum before and I don't have the time to respond as expeditiously as your expectations require. I also chose not to be chained to my technology. Have a great day!

Tom_Spangler
Tom_Spangler SuperDork
7/13/15 10:10 a.m.

I don't see a problem. I always post on multiple sites, and the first one with cash wins.

crewperson
crewperson New Reader
7/13/15 11:28 a.m.

Let me chime in. I put down the deposit and will be picking up the car later this week. I have no idea what I have gotten myself into but both feet is my usual style. It's not a fault of the seller at all that nobody else had a chance. I pulled his e-mail off of his other ad, asked for a phone number, called and bought the car sight unseen. Sent Paypal deposit 10 minutes later. As I said it's the both feet policy. Now comes the fun part, since my last purchase off this forum US customs has changed all the export to Canada rules. A whole new set of hoops to jump through. Once I get the car home I'll sort it out and post some pics.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/13/15 11:51 a.m.

I think some of us are just bummed we missed out on a good deal. But we're also bummed that someone drops an ad here and doesn't respond to multiple requests. When I'm selling a car, I look at it like a business deal, because it is. I respond to any and all questions, I'll often ad those questions to the original ad to help other prospective buyers out. No, it's not a huge deal, it's just not something we see on this forum often.
Crewperson: please do post pics and such when you get it; we can live vicariously through you. Where are you crossing into CA?

crewperson
crewperson New Reader
7/13/15 11:58 a.m.

I'm crossing at the Port Huron MI. crossing. I try my best to stay away from Detroit-Windsor.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/13/15 3:21 p.m.

If something goes wrong IM me. I cant promise anything, but I'm about 90 mins from Port Huron.

chandlerGTi
chandlerGTi UltraDork
7/13/15 5:26 p.m.
Tom_Spangler wrote: I don't see a problem. I always post on multiple sites, and the first one with cash wins.

Bingo.

Well bought.

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
7/13/15 7:43 p.m.
chandlerGTi wrote:
Tom_Spangler wrote: I don't see a problem. I always post on multiple sites, and the first one with cash wins.
Bingo. Well bought.

I dont think anyone is saying it should have been reserved for a forum member. There's frustration when you try to buy something and have an unresponsive seller. Isn't that why Craigslist sucks soo much?

bearmtnmartin
bearmtnmartin Dork
7/13/15 8:52 p.m.
I dont think anyone is saying it should have been reserved for a forum member. There's frustration when you try to buy something and have an unresponsive seller. Isn't that why Craigslist sucks soo much?

I should be so lucky with Craigslist. My problems generally stem from unresponsive buyers.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aOuViWg1iO30oFoP8YfGAmqeYncakc9gc1jJUhDYWxi4PmqRxcQAX79yNYSmHJ7f