TIGMOTORSPORTS
TIGMOTORSPORTS Dork
11/2/19 4:22 p.m.

In reply to Pete Gossett :

I offered the skateboarders from Georgia Tech the option to jump the hood

Stampie
Stampie UltimaDork
11/5/19 5:21 p.m.

Are the awards pictures posted anywhere?  Grandma Stampie wanted to see the one of Lil Stampie.

problemaddict
problemaddict HalfDork
11/6/19 7:42 a.m.

Here's all the photos I took, organized by car number:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=18ef1_e6QAvMOsnahO61Yfykx2TpDg9_z

Hopefully that link works, lemme know.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
11/6/19 8:26 a.m.

In reply to problemaddict :

Woo, action shots of my car! I didn't have any up until now. Awesome! laugh

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/6/19 8:55 a.m.

Great Shots!  Thanks for sharing.

Robbie
Robbie MegaDork
11/6/19 9:46 a.m.

Awesome!!! Thank you. I love the following shot. You can see how much body roll the amc has, but with the wing connected directly to the axle you can see how level the wing still is. So cool. Thanks again.

Bent-Valve
Bent-Valve HalfDork
11/6/19 2:28 p.m.

In reply to Indy-Guy :

They ain't as good as standing in corner 4 watching you let loose with that thing!

laugh

Edit -- this came out wrong, they are really great pictures and I'm glad to have some of me too.

But anybody that doesn't want to work the course or corners is missing a great time. I was completely amazed at how hard you drove the Jag.

I think anybody that has been out on the course will understand.

Fladiver64
Fladiver64 Reader
11/6/19 3:04 p.m.

Add my thanks to the pictures, great to see the car in action!

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
11/6/19 7:27 p.m.

I had a blast even though my car didn't leave the driveway. Due to massive oil leak. It was my r32 4 door. It's my daily driver. A non turbo rb20e .Not fast by any stretch. It's a great daily driver. Gets 27mpg. 

problemaddict
problemaddict HalfDork
11/6/19 7:46 p.m.

By the end of the day, he was getting real good at linking these corners.  Skyline drift gif:

https://media.giphy.com/media/TitDmuxoWNla7cMkr2/source.mov

Indy-Guy
Indy-Guy PowerDork
11/6/19 8:48 p.m.
Bent-Valve said:

In reply to Indy-Guy :

They ain't as good as standing in corner 4 watching you let loose with that thing!

laugh

Edit -- this came out wrong, they are really great pictures and I'm glad to have some of me too.

But anybody that doesn't want to work the course or corners is missing a great time. I was completely amazed at how hard you drove the Jag.

I think anybody that has been out on the course will understand.

I had an absolute BLAST! 

It was my first time auto-crossing in 14 years and the Jaaag performed flawlessly despite my shear abuse of it.  It'd be cool if someone from GRM was able to capture it on video, not because I'm a good driver, but because the sound with the electric cut outs open put a HUGE smile on my face.

problemaddict
problemaddict HalfDork
11/6/19 9:34 p.m.

I've got videos to sort through, too.  I'll be posting those soon...

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps SuperDork
11/7/19 12:27 p.m.

Thanks for posting that!

GameboyRMH
GameboyRMH MegaDork
11/12/19 1:53 p.m.

Forgot about this thread, here are my pics:

https://imgur.com/a/Pke48CB

dansxr2
dansxr2 Dork
12/11/19 5:05 p.m.

My best friend and I put the engine back in this on a Wednesday evening for the $2012 Challenge.  I drove it to work ~60 miles round trip as a shakedown then we headed out from Sutton, WV to Gainesville FL at 3am Friday morning.  Never had an issue, til after my first run on the Drags my friend went to move it, and he came back and said it wouldn't start.  I'd brought a few spares, but nothing seemed to resolve it.  Jeremy Randolph took me a few places to get a new coil, someone else pulled their coil wires off their Challenge 944 beside us.  We pulled the plug on the ignitor, and it was green with corrosion.  Luckily for us, CRC had put a trial size of their QR Electrical Contact Cleaner, a few quick sprays and we didnt have another issue the whole 800 miles home.  Cant wait to hit the Challenge again with my kid who's 8months now!

wrenchedexcess
wrenchedexcess Reader
2/20/20 12:34 p.m.

Most of you know me as the Saturn guy, out of 13 challenges 12 were Saturns' and one Pontiac. For 2019 I used an Astra for the first time. Got this one out of my neighbors backyard where it had been sitting for several years. Now it really is my daily driver!  So far I have logged 10,500 miles on it and really happy with it. Still needs some work, that will happen once the weather warms up but over all, I'm very pleased. Looking forward to driving it back for the 2020 challenge.  Also have to give a shout out to Andrew (please don't call him Andy) Nelson.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy MegaDork
2/23/20 9:33 p.m.

Canoe

bigben
bigben Reader
3/7/20 12:37 a.m.

In reply to wrenchedexcess :

Gotta love an Opel hatchback.wink

Template
Template New Spammer
3/10/20 3:35 p.m.

Nice fix! That's the epitome of grassroots motorsports. 

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
4/18/20 8:45 a.m.

Man, I need to get back to this event!  I doubt there's been a Maxima since mine in $2015...might be time for another one!

jennypotter196
jennypotter196 New Reader
7/11/20 8:15 a.m.

Hello, I appreciate your effort in writing such a detailed content. People are using old [canoes] and spending money on the fixing and maintenance of the old junks [paddles]. If you’re in that condition, or maybe you have an old junk. Your post covers each and every aspect or essential topics require for it. Love to read it. There are many ways to get rid of old [canoes]. Your content is amazing. Please share more stuff regarding junk my [canoes] for [spam] trades with us. Thanks for the share

Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter)
Dusterbd13-michael (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
7/11/20 8:16 a.m.

In reply to jennypotter196 :

Canoe with a E36 M3ty translate program?

AbbyHempy
AbbyHempy
8/19/20 3:43 p.m.

In reply to Jordan Rimpela :

I finally got onto the forum! I've been reading responses and finally actually read through all the rules now! (Whoops, probably should have done that BEFORE I bought the car :D ). 

Here's Onofrio Pollock Racing's story (Attached is our press release). We are a new team this year and so excited! 

Check us out here:

https://www.facebook.com/onofriopollockracing

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
8/19/20 4:12 p.m.

In reply to AbbyHempy :

Awesome and welcome! Can't wait to see the car (my first challenge car was also a BMW, but I didn't have the skills to pull off a full art car theme, even though I wanted to).

Karl La Follette
Karl La Follette UltraDork
10/8/20 1:22 p.m.

4 5 6 7 8

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
aZzFWCyHBqC1ychMlfKRKPDBI3Bm3kwu2Hzhlon4efkTSEwCbE5NMEWKAcJYXK1a