DaltonSchmidt45
DaltonSchmidt45 New Reader
10/20/20 9:50 p.m.

I am a student and my school is looking to build a car for the $2000 Challenge.  The school owns two Pontiac Fieros and I was hoping to get estimated fair market values for each of them to create a budget.

The red one has a blown V6 (not forced induction just broken) motor and needs to be gone through but there is a roll cage installed. The front subframe and suspension somewhere (not pictured) just not installed currently. 

The yellow has an iron duke that is missing a lot and not in good shape. The car has been sitting outside in an unknown condition of disassembly. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) MegaDork
10/21/20 5:07 a.m.

In reply to DaltonSchmidt45 :

Generally you are better off telling us how much you think they are worth and why.  Then you just need 5 of us to agree.  You're welcome to do so but $300 each is what came to my early morning brain.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/21/20 9:42 a.m.

I was thinking more 800 red 300 yellow, because of all the nice bits on the red one

slowbird
slowbird SuperDork
10/21/20 9:59 a.m.

I was thinking $1000 for the red one because racecar stickers. cheeky As soon as I saw the engine I thought definitely less than $500 for the yellow one, $300 seems fair.

barefootskater (Shaun)
barefootskater (Shaun) UberDork
10/21/20 10:17 a.m.

I'll agree $300 for the yellow car. Start there. Boost the duke!

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
10/21/20 5:21 p.m.

When is the last time the red one was one track and does it have a log book? It may be worth as much as $1500 depending on that. The suspension looks well sorted and that it's potentially seen track time within the past 3-5 years.

The yellow one screams scrap value to me. 

AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter)
AngryCorvair (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
10/21/20 6:17 p.m.

He red one says ITA on it so even if it's been off track for several years and with a blown engine it's minimum $500 and probably closer to $750-ish. For the yellow one, I'm guessing a penny a pound.

NOT A TA
NOT A TA SuperDork
10/21/20 6:43 p.m.

I'd say about 3-$400.00 for the yellow one and need more info on the red one. The red one might be a well sorted roller.

Mr_Asa
Mr_Asa SuperDork
10/21/20 6:48 p.m.

As it sits now, with no suspension in the car and a mysteriously borked engine, I'd rate the red one as worth marginally more than the yellow one.  $250-400 for the yellow, about 1.5x? 2x? more for the red one.

Install the suspension and have a rough idea of the engine problems, $1500 for the red.  Till then it is a gamble.

DaltonSchmidt45
DaltonSchmidt45 New Reader
10/29/20 4:37 p.m.

Thanks for the responses! I think I am going to budget with the yellow car at $300.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
JSjbQL1fFnqPmdooFgpe7lU4J0w1eld2lUEm6DYnE1P2vlvaZvuK9HJ2RBF1ABFi