volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
1/10/13 1:56 p.m.

http://greenville.craigslist.org/pts/3403069990.html

No engine, rolls and steers, has LSD disc brake rear, a straight, solid body, and a pile of parts. $200 cash money, come get it out of my yard before the junkman cometh!

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy SuperDork
1/10/13 2:26 p.m.

Ehhh.... I can only imagine the colony of fire ants that is living in that, and I am a rotary NUT.

That said, the wheels are probably worth $200 alone to somebody who wants 14" wheels on their 1st gen.

Greg Voth
Greg Voth Dork
1/10/13 3:58 p.m.

Easily a good deal for the suspension.

I want it but would probably be castrated if I tried to get yet another RX-7. Especially a non runner.

VG30_S12
VG30_S12 Reader
1/10/13 5:54 p.m.

I have an fj20et that could have a good home in something like that... But I'm short 200 bucks and a ride...

Blaspmy i know but it's what i have

Toyman01
Toyman01 PowerDork
1/10/13 7:27 p.m.

Volvo, how quickly do you need it picked up? If you can wait a couple of weeks, I'll take it. It will be the 26th before I can get there to pick it up.

I can either mail you a check, Pay Pal you or give you cash when I come get it. Your choice.

PM Sent.

volvoclearinghouse
volvoclearinghouse Reader
1/11/13 7:04 a.m.
Brett_Murphy wrote: Ehhh.... I can only imagine the colony of fire ants that is living in that, and I am a rotary NUT. That said, the wheels are probably worth $200 alone to somebody who wants 14" wheels on their 1st gen.

No fire ants, but considerable forestation on the floormats. I'd part the car out m'self, but I'm moving, and don't have time for that sort of thing. I just want the car to go to a good home, not get recycled into Korean toasters.

Toyman, I have a guy who told me he'd come get it on the 19th, but at this point it's whoever shows up first with 4 Ulysses S. Grants in hand.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy SuperDork
1/11/13 12:32 p.m.

Maybe I've just had back luck, but there are always fire ants, and if there is not a colony of fire ants, there is a copperhead.

And the copperhead is probably living in the dashboard and you won't find it until you try to change the heater core.

Brett_Murphy
Brett_Murphy SuperDork
1/11/13 1:29 p.m.

PS: I am not trying to scare anybody off. Buying cars that have been sitting is a lot different down south than it was in upstate NY. You get used to it.

Toyman01
Toyman01 PowerDork
1/11/13 1:52 p.m.

Funny. My RX-7 sat for a couple of years in a field. When I got it back on the road, there was a colony of ants living in it. The nest started at the passenger front wheel well, went up inside the fender and into the wiper gallery. It also filled the passenger door and floor board. It took forever to get all the sand and crap out of that car. It's a good thing it was undercoated when new or the whole passenger side would have rusted off.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
SjmuCFb8nz1hMhMFalSfrMKkfO3kiYzY70oPtHmiE1QAqcwQzYmH1XT1seBLTTlr