Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/20/12 9:41 p.m.

Oh man, I want this, bad. It's a little over Challenge $$$, not mine, no affiliation, blah blah:

http://portland.craigslist.org/clc/cto/3083633276.html

EvanB
EvanB UberDork
6/20/12 9:43 p.m.

Was I the only one thinking this would be a motorcycle and wondering how it could possibly be sweet?

Now that I see it is an AMC it is very sweet and I want one.

ST_ZX2
ST_ZX2 HalfDork
6/20/12 10:35 p.m.

Outstanding. Not that the 290 is terrible, but it is a largish car--one could pick up a Jeep 360 for next to nothing (a good 401 or 390 can be a bit spendy--relatively speaking), throw in a set of 3.55s and have a nice cruiser.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/20/12 10:39 p.m.

In reply to ST_ZX2:

My Dad's ancient 69 Ambassador 4-door is the same color with the same suspension and interior (which are both new on his) but has a ton of body rot. I'm desperately trying to talk him into it. Plus his 260 and 727 combo would be awesome in this (funnily enough, the Ambo was a 290 originally as well).

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
6/21/12 5:54 a.m.

That reminds me so much of my Dad's '69. I have always thought these cars would make great Hot Rod fodder. They're pretty nice as is also! If it wasn't on the other side of the country...

Woody
Woody UltimaDork
6/21/12 7:34 a.m.

Three grand seems cheap for that car.

spitfirebill
spitfirebill UltraDork
6/21/12 7:46 a.m.

Amazing how much that thing looks like a Dodge Dart.

I would say 3k is a smoking deal.

pinchvalve
pinchvalve PowerDork
6/21/12 8:10 a.m.
EvanB wrote: Was I the only one thinking this would be a motorcycle and wondering how it could possibly be sweet? Now that I see it is an AMC it is very sweet and I want one.

Oh I don't know.

You can still buy them new. That's kinda funny to me.

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
6/21/12 8:27 a.m.

In reply to Javelin:

Twin turbo, EFI 401, TKO. Yea, baby!!!

failboat
failboat Dork
6/21/12 8:28 a.m.
spitfirebill wrote: Amazing how much that thing looks like a Dodge Dart.

And my first thought was Roadrunner. It looks like both.

Javelin
Javelin UltimaDork
6/21/12 8:36 a.m.
failboat wrote:
spitfirebill wrote: Amazing how much that thing looks like a Dodge Dart.
And my first thought was Roadrunner. It looks like both.

The Rebel body like this started in 67, the Road Runner's version came out in 68.

I had a chance to own a yellow 67 Rebel convertible once (a rare RARE car). I've always regretted that one...

bravenrace
bravenrace PowerDork
6/21/12 8:41 a.m.

I like the Road Runner and the Dart, but I like the shape of the Rebel better. Too bad they liked to return to earth in a matter of minutes after buying them.

Grtechguy
Grtechguy PowerDork
6/21/12 9:10 a.m.
EvanB wrote: Was I the only one thinking this would be a motorcycle and wondering how it could possibly be sweet?

My 1st thought as well. But, the 450 rebels where pretty nice

Joe Gearin
Joe Gearin Associate Publisher
6/21/12 11:00 a.m.

That seems like a screaming deal on a solid looking car. I've always thought they looked cool, and never understood why a Chevelle, Coronet or Galaxie in similar condition is $10K, but Rebel is $3K.

AMCs are so inexpensive they are almost free!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
MV76Uog939schZxmsEZgXAw5bpbAQhDLyujLjGvawiqtSV7X1LG9Qc9HQOEcPbbv