1 2
poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/23/13 9:42 p.m.

Mine. Affiliated. Car is located in Jasper, GA. Will consider delivery to various parts of Florida, Atlanta area, or Chatt.

I've owned this car for 15 years. I drive a lot. Third owner. Purchased with around 175,000 miles, from my dad, who sold it new from the acura dealership he worked for. He bought it from the original owner.

Hate to let her go, but I've purchased a nicer DD/Family car.

GOOD: New timing belt & water pump (~$500 installed) along with new plugs, plug wires, vc gasket, cam and crank seals. 4 brand new Firestone tires (also ~$500) In the last 18 months: New front rotors, rear wheel bearings, battery, upper control arm on passenger side. In the last two years: New axles and alternator.

I've driven the car 75 miles a day, five days a week, for the last ten years with no major issues. Drove it to Gainesville Florida and back multiple times in the last year with no problems, carrying my 4 X 12 guitar cabinet with the rear seats up. Makes for a great truck. Will carry 10' long 2 X 4's with the hatch closed. Gets 33mpg with cruise set at 75mph.

Engine was replaced at 212,000 miles with a low-mile japanese B18B. All work performed by OPM Autosport. Clutch specialties "Stage 3" clutch was installed at the same time.

BAD: 390,000 miles (Is that bad?) Interior is better than you'd expect for this mileage, but seats have many miles of man-ass on them. Torn. Wore out. Sunroof drains are plugged, and therefore, you'll get water in the hatch and passenger side floor if left outside in a hard rain. Two rust areas: Sunroof and a TINY bit of bubbling in rear wheel arches. This has been a southern car all its life. A/C does not work. SLIGHT hesitation while warming up. Clears up as soon as car is warm. Diff is leaking, and whines a little. The intermediate shaft bearing had a lot of play the last time I did axles. Tried to replace the gasket on the driver's side, but the bearing/housing was so worn I couldn't get the new gasket to seat correctly. It was an "emergency" job and there wasn't a new intermediate shaft available at the time, so I buttoned her up and called it "done." Since then, 2nd and 3rd synchros are occasionally crunchy. Motor mounts need to be replaced.

BONUS: I have a set of KYB's (one pair is adjustable, one is not, can't remember which is which,) lowering springs, and GSR Blades that I'll throw in for GRM'ers.

I think $1,500 is a reasonable, FIRM price. If I'm on crack, tell me I'm on crack, and it'll be my next LeChump car instead of yours. Hate to sound cliche', but I'd drive this car to the berkeleying Sun tomorrow. I can make the receipt read however you need it to for budget purposes ($1,000 for car + $500 for spares? Vice-versa?) Ask questions. Car looks like crap in pics. Cleans up nice. I have 3/4 of the center caps. I think zero looks better than three.

Slap the KYB's and springs on. Add a turbo kit and tires and have a top ten Challenger. Or fix the intermediate shaft/address the trans, and have a FAST LeChump competitor. Or DD it till it dies, which was my plan, BUT THE BITCH WON'T berkeleyING DIE!

Mike

aussiesmg
aussiesmg MegaDork
12/24/13 12:00 a.m.

Cruised the Mitty in this beast, loaded with 4 drunks it took our abuse with ease

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/26/13 1:03 p.m.

Am I on crack?

yamaha
yamaha UltimaDork
12/26/13 1:53 p.m.

In reply to poopshovel:

Yes, but it isn't effecting your pricing IMHO.

Bobzilla
Bobzilla PowerDork
12/26/13 2:08 p.m.

Poops, where is this car? and do I get a finders fee if I help sell it?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/26/13 2:34 p.m.
Bobzilla wrote: Poops, where is this car? and do I get a finders fee if I help sell it?

Durp. Car is located in North Georgia - Specifically Jasper. Will consider local delivery, (atlanta area, Chatt, etc) or delivery to certain parts of Florida, as I am down there often. I will gladly purchase you the Hong Norr industry standard, requisite All-Star Breakfast at Waffle House if you send me a seller. Or if you get more than $1500, you keep the difference.

clownkiller
clownkiller HalfDork
12/27/13 4:46 p.m.

The car is better than Poopshovel lets on. He put it at it's worst, the next owner will be surprised how decent a car this is.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/29/13 7:05 p.m.

Will consider offers.

patgizz
patgizz UberDork
12/29/13 7:11 p.m.

how many grams of crack?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/29/13 7:16 p.m.

ALL OF IT.

fastasleep
fastasleep Reader
12/30/13 8:21 a.m.
clownkiller wrote: The car is better than Poopshovel lets on. He put it at it's worst, the next owner will be surprised how decent a car this is.

Clownkiller is absolutely correct. I have seen cars with half the mileage that have been "meticulously maintained" that (in comparison) look like they have twice the mileage. Poop is particular about his cars and is a no-nonsense guy. This car is much nicer than Poop lets on........ I have seen it many times and ridden in it quite a few.

-Les

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/30/13 8:21 p.m.

Damnit... I had a 91 Integra from '96 - '02 when I stupidly let me ex-g/f talk me into trading it for a '98 Audi A4 Avant. Granted, at 229K miles, it was in worse shape than yours. Still ran well, but everything else was falling apart.

Has "mice" seat belts, right?

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/30/13 8:25 p.m.

??? Has auto belts in lieu of airbags. I'm unfamiliar with "mice" belts(?)

Ian F
Ian F UltimaDork
12/30/13 8:28 p.m.
poopshovel wrote:
??? Has auto belts in lieu of airbags. I'm unfamiliar with "mice" belts(?)

Yes... motorized belts that went up around the door window opening. Around here we called them "mice belts" ...don't ask me why...

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
12/30/13 8:59 p.m.

Will deliver for 2 Steeler tix!

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/1/14 4:55 p.m.

@clownkiller & fastasleep: Glad you guys like it...it's looking like it'll be our next Lechump car!

DaveEstey
DaveEstey UltraDork
1/2/14 9:30 a.m.

Already have 5 cars in the stable or I'd be reaching for my checkbook

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
1/2/14 1:48 p.m.

I looked at the picture and thought to myself that looks like my uncles neighborhood. Then I saw the location.. Jasper.. I was right. Not a bad call from 1000 away. My uncle is the guy in your neighborhood with the fire truck.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/2/14 2:37 p.m.
tr8todd wrote: I looked at the picture and thought to myself that looks like my uncles neighborhood. Then I saw the location.. Jasper.. I was right. Not a bad call from 1000 away. My uncle is the guy in your neighborhood with the fire truck.

Ha! Nice one! Not my neighborhood, but the same builder did a bunch of different developments in the area and only offered 3 or 4 different styles. Do you know what the name of his subdivision is? He's probably right down the road.

tr8todd
tr8todd HalfDork
1/2/14 5:23 p.m.

Don't know the name of the subdivision, but he lives on Remington la. All I remember about my last visit there was trying to get my trailer up the hill and all the kudzu growing everywhere. Went down to pick up a TR8 in Marietta.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/2/14 6:13 p.m.
tr8todd wrote: Don't know the name of the subdivision, but he lives on Remington la. All I remember about my last visit there was trying to get my trailer up the hill and all the kudzu growing everywhere. Went down to pick up a TR8 in Marietta.

Bout a half-mile across the highway, as the crow flies!

Jeff
Jeff SuperDork
1/3/14 9:00 a.m.
poopshovel wrote: Am I on crack?

I assume you've signed up for the Toronto Mayoral elections with that other guy who doesn't know how to price cars

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/7/14 5:43 p.m.

Make offer before she goes on CL. Will consider trade for guns.

poopshovel
poopshovel MegaDork
1/22/14 7:17 p.m.

I'm giving this goddamned car to a friend in need, unless any of you shiny happy people want it.

mndsm
mndsm UltimaDork
1/22/14 7:25 p.m.

Best sales pitch ever. Too bad you're in Georgia, I'm broke, and I hate hondas.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
QpPiuP4pSfoQkvl0WQRn6X7LW0mD1yDdrZHOBQXqhPNbn7JbEdA8BqoI7SHQUXOw