1 2
92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/16/15 3:50 p.m.

I thought i'd throw this up to see if anybody might be interested in it. It is a Timbuk2 Messenger Bag. It appears to be a custom bag made for BBC America. It is black with a grey stripe in the middle. It has a front flap with velcro with two pockets for smaller stuff, a middle compartment and a back padded one for a laptop. It has a handle and two straps in the back with various mounting points for different angles to wear it. I'm probably switching to a backpack in the near future so here it is. I've had it for near a month now. $40 is my asking price. I can figure out shipping when the time comes. I am located in Pennsylvania. Any questions, let me know.

singleslammer
singleslammer UberDork
9/16/15 4:02 p.m.

YOur Pix iz baroke

Enyar
Enyar Dork
9/16/15 4:12 p.m.

What he said.

HappyAndy
HappyAndy UberDork
9/16/15 4:33 p.m.

Get a working pic up. I could be interested, and I'm local.

Mike
Mike Dork
9/16/15 5:05 p.m.

I've had one of these, non laptop, for something like eight years of regular use now. It shows no sign of wear, aside from the replaceable reflective tabs starting to go a little clear. I think I paid twice this ask. They're pretty much guaranteed forever.

GLWS.

drdisque
drdisque Reader
9/16/15 9:11 p.m.

Is this a messenger bag promoting the band that did "The Future's So Bright, I Gotta Wear Shades"

Wait, no, that was Timbuk3

Jamey_from_Legal
Jamey_from_Legal Reader
9/17/15 7:44 a.m.

Great bags. I have four or five, one that's over twenty years old and still looks basically new, after years of hard weather use.

And the Timbuk3 song of choice for this forum is Reverend Jack and His Romin' Cadillac Church ("We're all back-seat drivers, and there's no body at the wheel. . . . ")

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
9/17/15 8:22 a.m.

My wife just paid for me to order a full custom one from them for my 40th birthday. Can't wait to get it in. That's a great deal on a cool bag and I'd be all over it if I didn't have the custom one en route.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Associate Editor
9/17/15 8:26 a.m.

Awesome bags–whoever buys it will love it. I have a ton of them, too–actually I just threw one up on eBay last night, starting at $.99:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111774028882?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

T.J.
T.J. UltimaDork
9/17/15 8:30 a.m.

I've had mine for 10+ years now. It is a custom one in the colors of the Irish flag. I'd like a new one because mine has no padded laptop pocket in it. Great bags. Seems like a good deal for someone wanting to advertise for the BBC.

ultraclyde
ultraclyde UltraDork
9/17/15 8:31 a.m.

Here's a pic of my custom one:

The interior id B&W checkerboard. Because funky.

bluej
bluej SuperDork
9/17/15 8:39 a.m.

Edit: Can you confirm which size it is actually?

Jamey_from_Legal
Jamey_from_Legal Reader
9/17/15 10:26 a.m.
T.J. wrote: I've had mine for 10+ years now. It is a custom one in the colors of the Irish flag. I'd like a new one because mine has no padded laptop pocket in it. Great bags. Seems like a good deal for someone wanting to advertise for the BBC.

Check them out in person before you buy. IMHO, the other pockets and dividers in the new ones with the laptop pockets don't work as well as the old ones.

Okay, can I jack this thread any more? Sorry to the OP.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/17/15 11:32 a.m.

Andy---> Msg me with an email addy. I can send you pictures..

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/18/15 1:40 p.m.

Bump. Also will consider trade for Timbuk2 backpack.

Schump
Schump New Reader
9/20/15 2:47 p.m.

How should I wash it? I left it in the basement too long n now it's a bit moldy. (I imagine hand wash w/warm H2O but don't want to use a chemical that melts it! :) I have one but started using my bulletproof Marmot Talus backpack everyday as its better for my back. BTW, full endorsement on Marmot. I low sided my 1988 Homda Hawk NT650 street legal race bike on 8/22/05 when an ahold on a 1000RR broke a promise and passed me going into a corner. Went down @ ~50mph. Shattered lower L femur, broke in middle in 2 places, somehow not a compound fracture. Backpack n bike looked at me like, "Why the long face???" She had flown through ththe dense trees, down a hill, across a soccer field n leaning against a tree shiny side up, leaning against a tree shiny side up w/ a smoke hanging out of her mouth. Didn't even bad the F'ing forks! Pancaked gas tank, broke L clip on & rear set =$200 damage to her & $200k to me.

I still wear the backpack everyday, it just road rashed the cover off the left foam strap and tore the foam but that's it. That and I bought the original Marmot backpack on pro form (cost+10% off the floor) working at Mammoth Sporting Goods the year before and had to get it fixed for overloading the bag n lower strap stitching under warranty 2 or 3x. When I last called Marmot with the problem the guy says, "well, I don't normally do this, but mail me your bag and I'll have it fixed and for another $50 I'll give you another new one. What size & color do you want?" (They retailed for $105 back then BTW.)"

[Canoe pulled onto shore.] Thanks

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/21/15 3:20 p.m.

Bump.. GRM price of $35!

DrBoost
DrBoost UltimaDork
9/21/15 3:32 p.m.

Can you send me some pics? I'm IMing you now.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/21/15 4:12 p.m.

Send me an email address and i'll take some in the next day or two.

92dxman
92dxman Dork
9/30/15 1:49 p.m.

Price Slash $30!

92dxman
92dxman Dork
10/4/15 4:18 p.m.

$25!

Spinout007
Spinout007 UberDork
10/5/15 9:16 a.m.

Pics to screen name at google mail please. Shipped to 24801?

92dxman
92dxman Dork
10/5/15 2:38 p.m.

I'll get pictures over to you later and will look into the shipping quote.

Flight Service
Flight Service MegaDork
10/5/15 2:50 p.m.

are we negotiating fanny packs? The United Colors of Benetton fanny packs???

Seriously guys, most of us drive Miatas do you have to help the stereotype along?

92dxman
92dxman Dork
10/6/15 2:48 p.m.

I emailed pictures to all whom requested them.

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
P5AFh9IQngGk0iGBQmecBlt4r0vC1ao73bIEWPWs5hcoGTGOar2snUYPQ8IAPfBY