corndog
corndog Dork
1/12/12 1:31 p.m.

Another Ebay British V8 I always thought these cars where way-cool (IMHO)...

93EXCivic
93EXCivic SuperDork
1/12/12 1:46 p.m.

So much want.

mw
mw HalfDork
1/12/12 1:57 p.m.

If it had a title, I would be bidding. Part of me is really glad there's no title.

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/12/12 2:03 p.m.

My friend has that car. Started out with a 289, steped up to a worked 302. He says it's scary to drive, noisy, shaky, windows rattle, cramped, the gas tank is right behind your head and it's hard to get in and out of.

He loves it!

914Driver
914Driver SuperDork
1/12/12 2:07 p.m.

Did anyone notice where the car is? I don't see it.

Dan

corndog
corndog Dork
1/12/12 2:08 p.m.
914Driver wrote: Did anyone notice where the car is? I don't see it. Dan

Sauk Village, IL
Chicago 'burbs...

foxtrapper
foxtrapper SuperDork
1/12/12 2:19 p.m.

Here's to hoping bidding goes high, and soon, so I don't have to fret over this.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan HalfDork
1/12/12 4:15 p.m.

Poor M series. That fiberglass work desperately needs to be undone.

Tom Heath
Tom Heath Web Manager
1/12/12 4:20 p.m.

Is that really a 2500M? I thought they had TR6 guts.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim SuperDork
1/12/12 4:23 p.m.

2500M should be TR6, but dropping an SBF in there is a time honored conversion.

Sticking a fibreglass abomination on the back though, isn't.

oldtin
oldtin SuperDork
1/12/12 4:38 p.m.

very much hoping the price starts climbing so i'm not tempted. It's very close by.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan HalfDork
1/12/12 4:40 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: 2500M should be TR6, but dropping an SBF in there is a time honored conversion. Sticking a fibreglass abomination on the back though, isn't.

5000Ms are actually recognized as having been a "factory" model, at least on this side of the water.

They've done more wrong than right in the case of this particular car.

SyntheticBlinkerFluid
SyntheticBlinkerFluid Dork
1/12/12 6:23 p.m.

Haha that's literally 10 minutes from me.

Billy_Bottle_Caps
Billy_Bottle_Caps Reader
1/12/12 7:19 p.m.

In reply to SyntheticBlinkerFluid:

^^^ Then you should be bidding man

DeadSkunk
DeadSkunk Dork
1/12/12 7:49 p.m.
BoxheadTim wrote: 2500M should be TR6, but dropping an SBF in there is a time honored conversion. Sticking a fibreglass abomination on the back though, isn't.

That looks like they just glassed in the rear spoiler off a Merkur XR4ti, or the British version of it. Could probably be cut off to reveal the original body work.

John Brown
John Brown SuperDork
1/12/12 8:22 p.m.

It's XR4Ti.

stan
stan SuperDork
1/13/12 3:14 p.m.

Fiber (fibre?) Glass looks to be cracking. I bet the frame Needs some looking over too.

-still want it...

SlickDizzy
SlickDizzy SuperDork
1/13/12 11:32 p.m.

I'll be watching this closely, and possibly bidding. Have the room, have the money, have the truck to pull it back. I love TVR, always wanted one. I think I'd love even more to greet the fiberglass "spoilermaster" with an elbow to the nose.

BoxheadTim
BoxheadTim SuperDork
1/14/12 12:18 a.m.
stan wrote: Fiber (fibre?) Glass looks to be cracking. I bet the frame Needs some looking over too. -still want it...

It's a TVR, the frame came with rust from the factory

jimbbski
jimbbski Reader
1/15/12 6:48 p.m.

Sauk Village, IL

Less then 10 miles from my house. I can go if anyone needs someone to look it over. I'm no TVR expert though.

bravenrace
bravenrace SuperDork
1/17/12 6:25 a.m.
MG Bryan wrote:
5000Ms are actually recognized as having been a "factory" model, at least on this side of the water. They've done more wrong than right in the case of this particular car.

Those were built by TVR North America, a Canadian dealer that was at the time the US TVR importer. The first were built in 1974, so this would not be one of them. They were no more a factory car than was the Griffith, as neither conversion was done by TVR. They also only built a handfull of them between '74 and '78.

MG Bryan
MG Bryan HalfDork
1/17/12 1:53 p.m.
bravenrace wrote:
MG Bryan wrote:
5000Ms are actually recognized as having been a "factory" model, at least on this side of the water. They've done more wrong than right in the case of this particular car.
Those were built by TVR North America, a Canadian dealer that was at the time the US TVR importer. The first were built in 1974, so this would not be one of them. They were no more a factory car than was the Griffith, as neither conversion was done by TVR. They also only built a handfull of them between '74 and '78.

Nothing there I didn't already know Factory was in quotes for a reason. I should have shared the history there for clarity's sake, but the point was just that 302 conversion go back to when the M series was still being made. That wing is one of the dumber things I've seen done to a TVR though.

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
wIOhUaM3w0J30iD3CGDXYNc3OUx4tMFLEHI78iDoJMKsTm3C8Q1fPlSL6Di3L3JO