1 2
Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
4/23/20 10:03 a.m.

Ok, everybody, we have two options for $2000 Challenge sponsor logo stickers. 

Before I get into it: The mandatory windshield banner and number panels aren't changing. 

But, last year we received a lot of feedback on the logo stack that's placed on the sides of each car. 

So, we're putting this change it to a competitor's vote.

Do you prefer one mandatory stack, like last year:

Or do you prefer die-cut stickers with a strict placement guide, like so:

Either way, enforcement will be stepped up significantly, so whatever is decided will be required before a wheel touches the track. 

Stampie (FS)
Stampie (FS) UltimaDork
4/23/20 10:05 a.m.

Die cut.  Could they be die cut but still one piece?  Just outline of the whole thing.  That big block of white just didn't look good.

Tom Suddard
4/23/20 10:10 a.m.

No, sorry. These are the only two options. 

wheels777
wheels777 SuperDork
4/23/20 10:10 a.m.

Individual Stickers. 

I prefer to place them strategically so it accents the car and/or theme. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 10:20 a.m.

I vote die cut. It sounds like they still need to be stacked between front wheel and number panel?

AngryCorvair
AngryCorvair MegaDork
4/23/20 10:25 a.m.

"die cut with strict placement guideline" gets my vote.  that big white panel looks like ass on anything other than a white car.

MrJoshua
MrJoshua UltimaDork
4/23/20 10:43 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

"die cut with strict placement guideline" gets my vote.  that big white panel looks like ass on anything other than a white car.

Big +1.

eastsideTim
eastsideTim UberDork
4/23/20 10:58 a.m.

+1 on die cut stickers and strict enforcement, but mostly I just want to know early enough to figure out how to make the car look better with whatever is chosen.

Patrick (Forum Supporter)
Patrick (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 10:59 a.m.

Die cut with placement rules.  The white kinda looked like E36 M3 

by kinda i mean totally.  All the cars that followed the rule looked like ass.  Between rolling it over mouldings, marker lights, body lines, it was horrible

fwiw the white windshield banner is E36 M3 too.  With the previous individual letters we could form it to the car.  I understand it from "crc wanted to see their logo prominently on all the pictures" point but that doesn't mean i have to like it

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
4/23/20 11:00 a.m.

Die cut and strict enforcement 

gumby
gumby HalfDork
4/23/20 11:17 a.m.

Die cut.

slowbird
slowbird Dork
4/23/20 11:22 a.m.

Die cut, strict enforcement.

Could they maybe print the windshield banners with a bit more of a curve to them? I know this won't work for all cars but I think it might fit the majority of cars better. Just thinking out loud really.

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/23/20 11:49 a.m.

Another vote for Die cut and strict placement. 

If you can make the windshield banners taller it might eliminate the triangles of uncovered glass that you get at the upper edges of the curved windshields.

gumby
gumby HalfDork
4/23/20 1:22 p.m.
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) said:

If you can make the windshield banners taller it might eliminate the triangles of uncovered glass that you get at the upper edges of the curved windshields.

Taller banner with the logo biased to the bottom edge would allow a wider range of cut-to-fit applications

pimpm3 (Forum Supporter)
pimpm3 (Forum Supporter) UltraDork
4/23/20 6:09 p.m.

Nice camaro!

Die cut please...

Byrneon27
Byrneon27 Reader
4/23/20 6:22 p.m.

Die cut for sure. 

Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter)
Pete Gossett (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
4/23/20 6:59 p.m.

Die cut, those panels were too tall to fit on a couple cars. 

Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter)
Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) Reader
4/23/20 7:57 p.m.

I think I see a trend. 

+1

sethmeister4
sethmeister4 SuperDork
4/24/20 9:26 a.m.

I wasn't there last year, and won't be able to come this year, but as far as pics online or in a magazine the die cut looks MUCH better than the white panel.

Tom Suddard
4/24/20 9:29 a.m.

Sounds good, everybody. Die-cut it is! I'll get a sticker guide online in a week or two, but in the meantime assume it will be extremely similar to that Hong Cadillac. 

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) SuperDork
5/6/20 11:27 a.m.
AngryCorvair said:

I dunno guys, the big white panel looked great on my white car laugh

CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter)
CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) Reader
5/6/20 11:51 a.m.

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

Haha! If we weren't doing die-cut I would have changed my livery to deal with the white. Is the Datsaniti making a return this year?

maschinenbau (I live here)
maschinenbau (I live here) SuperDork
5/6/20 1:41 p.m.

In reply to CrustyRedXpress (Forum Supporter) :

Not sure yet, but I will definitely be there with or without an entry! I took the nitrous off and sold the racing tires, but I'm sure it would still be pretty competitive. 

In reply to maschinenbau (I live here) :

If you're not sure if the Datsanati is coming this year, can I interest you in a $1,400 Lotus Europa?

https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/radical-lotus-europa-engine-swap-musings/133260/page3/ 

poopshovel again
poopshovel again MegaDork
5/6/20 7:55 p.m.

Probably goes without saying, but yeah, die-cut. I hated making the front bit of the "W" as big as I did, but did it to accomodate the GRM number placard. #sorrynotsorry - I spent a godzillion hours trying to make the car photogenic, and there was no way I was gonna berk it up with the big white blob, so I just cut em out and stuck them on individually. 

Also, any chance of better quality vinyl this year? The door placards felt like they were made of recycled trash bags. All of our paddock-mates agreed.

And thanks for asking!!! 

1 2

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ihKM5ucQvMnJnHh1o3OJV7WBpDkcTNWnXYQC5BxcOXj6ThiBAU7k5AK60V39Ate6