ansonivan
ansonivan Reader
9/28/09 9:22 p.m.

Where are you located?

mrwillie
mrwillie Reader
9/28/09 9:47 p.m.

In reply to jotavw13:

Yep, where are you located and how much for the engines?

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
9/29/09 12:26 p.m.

I am in Vestal, NY (outside of Binghamton, NY). I am looking for $50 for the 8V and $100 for the 16V. I have more history with the 16V as I was the 2nd owner of the car and there are 188K miles on it with about $20 on the head gasket (leaking coolant out the back of the head and the engine never over heated) and timing belt. 8V is free rotating but I do not have any idea of actual condition other than it ran when remove from the car.

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
9/30/09 7:14 p.m.

Just realized that I have a set of snowflake wheel from ,84 GTI with Azenis 215s in the loft. Tires are a little old but $50 will take them home - wheels too.

Along with those is a set of OLD OZs with wornout tires. They are 4x100 with unknown offset. I would give them to any takers to free up garage space.

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
9/30/09 7:16 p.m.

In reply to ansonivan:

I posted the info in a follow-up post. As I am remembering parts I am adding them to the list.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Reader
9/30/09 9:17 p.m.

What do the OZs look like?

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
10/1/09 1:35 p.m.

In reply to Paul_VR6:

They are a multi-spoke design similar to a BBS. They are a little rough but nothing a little elbow grease and paint couldn't fix. I will try and get some pics as soon as I can get at them ... gotta get the MR2 suspension done so I can move it out of the garage to access the loft.

Paul_VR6
Paul_VR6 Reader
10/1/09 2:10 p.m.

Keep me posted.

mrwillie
mrwillie Reader
10/2/09 10:32 a.m.

In reply to jotavw13: Will you consider shipping at all? If so, I need a price + shipping to 27610( a home business if it matters... ) for the 16V.

Thanks

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
10/5/09 2:40 p.m.

In reply to mrwillie:

I would prefer not to ship but I will look into finding a shipping method in my area to get a quote.

captain_napalm
captain_napalm Reader
10/6/09 1:08 p.m.

If the deal with mrwillie falls through, I may be next in line

ratghia
ratghia Reader
10/7/09 8:05 a.m.

If everything else falls through I am interested in the 16v and both sets of wheels. Does the 16v have the engine wiring with it?

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
10/8/09 7:46 p.m.

In reply to captain_napalm:

Per your email about a week ago, I have you as first in line. I have been waiting for a reply from the response that sent.

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
10/8/09 7:48 p.m.

In reply to ratghia:

The wheels are still available and I should be able to get pics of the wheels this week and I will post as soon as I do.

The engine does not have a harness with it. The original plan was to stuff it into a rabbit pickup and use a stand alone engine management so I didn't think to pull it.

captain_napalm
captain_napalm Reader
10/9/09 9:34 a.m.

In reply to jotavw13:

Thanks, I saw your e-mail last night. I won't be able to make it up there before the weekend of the 17th, is that cool? Otherwise if you have a local buyer or a guaranteed sale, I won't mind if you sell the engine.

Will send my contact information later today.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
10/10/09 10:13 a.m.
jotavw13 wrote: In reply to ratghia: The wheels are still available and I should be able to get pics of the wheels this week and I will post as soon as I do. The engine does not have a harness with it. The original plan was to stuff it into a rabbit pickup and use a stand alone engine management so I didn't think to pull it.

I am mainly interested in the wheels. Just post some pics whenever you get some time and we can work something out. I live around york, PA and it looks like it will be about a 3.5 hour drive. I probably won't be able to come up for a few weeks if that is ok.

Aaron

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
10/11/09 9:42 a.m.

In reply to ratghia:

Not a problem. I would be willing to meet you part way for pick up if you would like. Just need to coordinate everything with life as we just brought our second child home yesterday! I will try to get the pics soon.

ratghia
ratghia Reader
10/11/09 12:46 p.m.

That sounds great. What size are the OZ wheels?

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
10/13/09 8:12 p.m.

In reply to ratghia:

14" ... like I said, they are "old school".

jotavw13
jotavw13 New Reader
10/19/09 8:10 p.m.

I also found a pair of fenders that are fairly clean, a few radiator shrouds, a radiator from an 8V, and a rear trailing arm from a 16V scirocco. I also that the 16V lower strut brace (stock unit).

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
oAjtooAhHeohVBp3HGkU9SjzzgUACPnh5g4L6go0u30o0TdfyZgyK7bfNjp1wGbf