Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
2/24/23 11:04 a.m.

We're moving to a smaller office, and I just finished carrying the last of our collection of build books from the Grassroots Motorsports $2000 Challenge presented by Tire Rack.

Our policy has always been to retain these from every event, and true to that goal every single build book ever handed to us is still here. But this policy was created nearly 25 events ago, and we just don't have room for all of the build books anymore. The pile has now become too big to reasonably dig through when one of our editors is looking for a fact or figure from a past build. Plus, build threads are so prevalent now that they're often an easier way to find old information than digging through the library. 

So, here's what's going to happen to build books going forward:

1. Starting at this year's $2000 Challenge, build books will be retained for one year, then returned to the following year's event. So the books you turn in at the 2023 $2000 Challenge will be returned to the event in 2024. 
  2. Build books not picked up from the return spot at the event will be destroyed. 

So, we're going to bring every book to this year's event, and everyone is welcome to take as many books as they'd like. If you can't make it to the event but want your old books back, please ask somebody who will be attending to grab yours for you. Unfortunately there are too many for us to sort or ship.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
2/25/23 12:28 p.m.

Sweet, I can have my $50 worth of plastic binder sleeves back! Calling dibs on all mine

DeadSkunk  (Warren)
DeadSkunk (Warren) UltimaDork
3/9/23 8:14 a.m.

If someone from Michigan could pick up my Miata build book from 2017 I'd appreciate it.

Patrick
Patrick MegaDork
3/10/23 3:12 p.m.

In reply to DeadSkunk (Warren) :

I'll make sure mofo or AC get it, barring that we need to visit this summer anyway and I'll be the backup backup plan.

Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
5/4/23 11:20 a.m.

Hi all, just wanted to bump this up. Free build books!

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek HalfDork
5/4/23 2:23 p.m.

Same as Warren: could somebody grab the build books for the APV for me (2017 and 2019)? Mrs. ShawneeCreek is due to give birth the weekend of the Challenge, so I can't make it myself.

- Sean 

stafford1500
stafford1500 Dork
5/4/23 2:26 p.m.
ShawneeCreek said:

Same as Warren: could somebody grab the build books for the APV for me (2017 and 2019)? Mrs. ShawneeCreek is due to give birth the weekend of the Challenge, so I can't make it myself.

- Sean 

Sean,

I will grab your books and get them headed your way. Message me to trade address/email...

ShawneeCreek
ShawneeCreek HalfDork
5/4/23 7:42 p.m.

Thanks Steve. Message sent.

Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter)
Fladiver64 (Forum Supporter) HalfDork
5/14/23 1:57 p.m.

I would like to get my 2019 MR3 build book back, should be there saturday.

stan_d
stan_d SuperDork
5/21/23 10:52 a.m.

Cool. Will be collecting all mine and my brother's. 

Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter)
Snowdoggie (Forum Supporter) SuperDork
5/25/23 6:26 p.m.

Is the one for my Suzuki Swift even in there? I think that would be around 2003.

Floating Doc (Forum Supporter)
Floating Doc (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
5/25/23 6:35 p.m.

I'm surprised the Smithsonian isn't interested. 

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
2Lr3EBJCu4JEwEoUbDrv3VsrHViaumnre2LpsUwR8Oe269sHKycbkejWErXOZXvG