frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/24/22 1:43 p.m.

I bought a pallet of copper from a scrap yard included in the pallet was a 10' long brass  sheet. I remember paying $200 for it.  
 I used it all on my house for flashing etc. kept the little scraps. And when I sold the scraps the price of "clean copper" had gone through the roof ( China was building the 3 gorges dam ). and my box of scraps returned more than I originally paid.  
       I want to make a pair of brass megaphones.  To hang off the back end. 
       So how do I price my sheet of brass?   
    1. Currant Scrap copper prices? 
    2.  Currant Brass prices? 
    3. Price I originally paid divided by the amount I use,  minus what I sold the scrap copper for?  
   4. Something else?  
   5. I can leave them on for practice and unbolt them for the actual race times. 

Dusterbd13-michael
Dusterbd13-michael MegaDork
3/24/22 2:00 p.m.

Personally, id go actual brass scrap price at this time. 

Or leave them off for the race

Stampie
Stampie MegaDork
3/24/22 2:23 p.m.

Rules state that if you don't have a receipt for something you must FMV it.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/24/22 3:23 p.m.

In reply to Stampie :

Fair enough , I'll leave them on 'cause the FMV of scrap Brass can't be more than a dollar or two. 

Robbie (Forum Supporter)
Robbie (Forum Supporter) MegaDork
3/24/22 3:25 p.m.

Probably better to just fmv as scrap than to put $200 in budget and then take the $200 recoup hit anyway.

frenchyd
frenchyd MegaDork
3/24/22 4:51 p.m.

In reply to Robbie (Forum Supporter) :

Robbie.  
the copper I bought was used on the house.  This Brass was left over from that. So I don't have any money in the brass sheet.  It's just a piece of brass and probably only a dollar or two at todays scrap prices.  Should I look it up now. Or wait until the guys go to the challenge?  

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ptFRLRuDLl2JMziap0TtbIRFDPgpI2EYHbU71WGM4BS0nxl26qyvxMMy8DA21qWj