Tom Suddard
Tom Suddard Director of Marketing & Digital Assets
9/4/20 1:14 p.m.

For more than a decade, each year a different member of the GRM staff would make trophies for the $2000 Challenge. We thought it was a ton of fun seeing everybody's various artistic styles–from Per's molotov cocktail model cars to Gary's intricate moving trophies to JG's unparalleled ability to tell a story through little plastic figurines. 

In more recent years we've opened this traditional up to competitors, with last year's trophies being made by none other than Stampie. He made a beautiful batch of trophies in his backyard with the help of his son, and everybody loved them at the event. 

Now, though, it's time to pass the torch to a new builder. Does anybody have any interest in building trophies for this year's $2000 Challenge?

Details: You'll be asked to make three trophies, one each for first, second, and third overall. Materials, construction, etc. etc. is unlimited. All we ask is they be suitably imposing and event related. We'll slap the fancy plaque with the event's logo on the trophies for you. In return, you'll receive recognition at the event and in the magazine, as well as $100 in cash to cover any materials purchased/used/stolen from the junkyard. 

Anybody interested?

captdownshift (Forum Supporter)
captdownshift (Forum Supporter) UltimaDork
9/4/20 2:48 p.m.

*goes and searches for old welding shields on FB marketplace* 

Bent-Valve (FS)
Bent-Valve (FS) Dork
9/26/20 9:57 a.m.

I wish I knew who built this.  They would make great trophies!

barefootskater
barefootskater UltraDork
9/26/20 10:14 a.m.

If I had time, because I definitely have the trunk space!

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
lOVOSoMONAIHRQUfhJlboQ6RxwXk5mBK8sGW6AcvCyUI1oQtZ3yeRniK6c4L59pA