Baylis
Baylis None
6/22/12 3:11 p.m.

A friend of mine and myself enjoy building our toys, but a recent buy has us aimed at grassroots. We found us a 750il V12/Trans/ECU etc etc for $400. We have been looking for a miata shell (preferably NB because I have a jig to make the NB subframes from a V8 miata build and I like the way they look more). Anyone know of a shell in their respective area? We live in Gainesville Florida but we can travel all over to find what we are looking for. Thanks for the help, we'll be sure to post the build thread once we have a shell and figure out exactly what we want to do.

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
6/23/12 1:19 a.m.

Might wanna bug metalman on here and see what he might be able to.do.

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
6/23/12 10:01 p.m.

lol, I'll have to look into that. Thanks!

Spinout007
Spinout007 Dork
6/23/12 10:29 p.m.

Or even Karl la folette that man's back yard will make anyone want to spend hours there.

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
6/24/12 7:33 p.m.

It doesn't have the hood or the front driver side fender, but this is JUST ABOUT what I am looking for! lol, so close. I just want a complete shell, doesn't even need to be this nice!

1999 NB shell - $500 Daytona Florida http://daytona.craigslist.org/cto/3097805129.html

metalman
metalman Reader
6/25/12 9:37 a.m.

In my world you'd be best off to buy a whole NB and then keep what you want.....unless you can use one that is wrecked, beat to death and not straight. The value of a Miata is in the body. The NB is the chassis of preference for spec. North of 2k for a straight roller isnt unusual at all. Of course some dumbass kid out there might sell you a nice roller cheap...you never know.

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
6/25/12 10:37 a.m.

I've seen them go for around $500 for a shell (don't even need a roller) when I DIDN'T want one. Now that I want one, what do you know, all gone. In the end I'll probably do the NA and just buy a NB steering rack. I just think the NB's are the best looking of the lot. And on an off topic note, the ND's look sick... haha. I'm in no hurry, I just want a shell with all the panels, they don't need to be pretty.

metalman
metalman Reader
6/25/12 10:52 a.m.

The body panels are where the value is. $500 wont get you anything around here in an NB. Just the headlights are $200 up. GL w/ your search.

Baylis
Baylis New Reader
6/25/12 2:00 p.m.

we'll see, either way it's not the end of the world. I just figure if I can get my hands on a NB then I'd be much happier than a NA. But I'm sure whatever we put the m70 in will be fun. Talking to a guy a bout a Z3 shell we want to pick up for $500

You'll need to log in to post.

Our Preferred Partners
ipmni4xBh3xR6aTKDl9C4JCxz7zO8Xsf3hq0pWnU5t2R5f15kAqRLPYQ70LlqUHr